Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looks like you give a toss about Sandro's "career" over the stability of Your Football club.

No one is bigger than this club - if you are happy with this club being a used johnny for half arsed players like Schneiderlin ultimately achieving nothing then keep the boys club mentality thats plagued us for years.

Or if you want a club ran like a proper successful enterprise who demands success on and off the pitch then we need to start raising standards from top to bottom as im fed up of always being the bridesmaid never the bride - generations of young Blues having to watch that lot constantly parading trophies and down the road in Manchester whilst having sod all to shout about not even the odd derby win.

That has to change or I fear many fans will end up packing us in especially with the farce of modern day football as it is.
He has a contract and unlss someone matches or betters it he gonna stay here..end of story.

You know Everton have to pay him just as much whether he's on loan and at least in the shop window or sat on his arse at home, right?

Yes mate but it sends the message That this club is no longer happy to be a retirement home for half arsed players wanting an easy life.

You either put the work in and help take the club forward or you go elsewhere and if you refuse sound stay at home bored with your millions for the next 2-3 years wasting your short career.

This summer has to be the start of a new era for the club - mentality plays a huge part in sports and the club has had the wrong one for so long.

Players like Pickford laughing when he makes a mistake, Schneiderlin & Siggurdsson half arsed, Delph having a barmy with the fans berating his own team mates about 2 games in, Davies more arsed about catwalks than striving to improve, Niasse/Sandro happy to leech off the club.

There is too many at this club not putting in enough and it ultimately affects the mentality about the place and the performances/results often show it.

No more easy rides I hope.

You banish him from the training ground

You make it clear no future at the club

You make it clear no cushy loan moves to sunny Spain or Portgual for him to still pick up his 100k a week contract.

Let him sit at home for the remaining 2 years watching Judge Judy everyday and if he has an ounce of desire to play footie he'll begrudgingly take a permanent move away. If not his football career is near enough over.

We've been push overs for too long and im sick of that lot over the road having players who will run through brick walls for their club winning trophy after trophy whilst we have a bunch of half arsed jokers stealing a wage.

This season has to be the catalyst for change - no more excuses or cushy boys club.

and you'll soon find yourself in court if you do any of that

You banish him from the training ground

You make it clear no future at the club

You make it clear no cushy loan moves to sunny Spain or Portgual for him to still pick up his 100k a week contract.

Let him sit at home for the remaining 2 years watching Judge Judy everyday and if he has an ounce of desire to play footie he'll begrudgingly take a permanent move away. If not his football career is near enough over.

We've been push overs for too long and im sick of that lot over the road having players who will run through brick walls for their club winning trophy after trophy whilst we have a bunch of half arsed jokers stealing a wage.

This season has to be the catalyst for change - no more excuses or cushy boys club.

I'd agree mate but that isn't as straightfoward as it sounds.

It seems we had problems from some of the "non-playing" players at the club in the recent past - guys who have too much time on their hands but still in contact with players in the squad and getting matchtime. They talk amongst themselves and form cliques as in any other work situation.

We have had way too many players on the books contributing nothing - that is a given.

I'd rather a player out on loan even with most of their wages subsidised rather than having an opportunity to sulk and moan and potentially sow discord with other players though.

As slow and frustrating as it is, they are gradually moving out the door but it underlines the mess we made and how we cannot repeat it.

Why we have to start being brutal with players I watched that Sunderland till I die documentary and when the new owners came in they basically told the high earners stealing a living "either leave or your experience here wont be a good one".

We on the otherhand were still given the likes of Niasse game time and having them train with the squad etc.

Get the likes of Sandro, Rude Boi, Besic etc and tell them if you dont leave you aint training with the rest of the lads and you aint going out on loan - let them rot for 1-2 years away from FF.

I said this a while ago... if players like Sandro won’t leave ... then he’s not going to sit in Spain getting prem wages. I’d have him here , training hard, in a place he hates and make him earn it. If he hates it that much , he can take a pay cut and leave. Same for bolasie etc .

Which games did you watch? I only ask as he was POTM before the lockdown.
Mostly since the return. Hoffenheim, Dortmund, Bremen. Didn‘t pay as much attention to him before.

Honestly didn’t watch as many Bundesliga matches in Feb cause there was still Premier League on. That said I they played Mainz, Paderborn and Koln and weren’t exactly great. There may not have been many player of the month contenders.

Also, Kenny is one of 5 nominees for rookie of the year in the Bundesliga so I am not sure how much those awards are worth. (Note - I am not railing on Jonjoe, but I don’t think he is good enough for our first XI either)

Maybe liability is a strong word, but I just don’t think he is what we need to pair alongside Mason. He’s talented, but I am not sold he is ready for England.

I also don’t really think we should be bringing in a center half to develop. We have Mason, Mina, Gibson and Branthwaite for that. Would much rather an established player. Particularly for 20m plus. If we are going to spend that kind of money right now, to me it has to be for a nailed on starter.

Why we have to start being brutal with players I watched that Sunderland till I die documentary and when the new owners came in they basically told the high earners stealing a living "either leave or your experience here wont be a good one".

We on the otherhand were still given the likes of Niasse game time and having them train with the squad etc.

Get the likes of Sandro, Rude Boi, Besic etc and tell them if you dont leave you aint training with the rest of the lads and you aint going out on loan - let them rot for 1-2 years away from FF.

The issue is though, a lot of their high earners didn't leave and there was a lot of virtue signalling from them.

I agree you can make things a bit more uncomfortable, but I suspect it entrenches people. The real solution to this, if you don't sign poor players, without enough diligence, to long term contracts, on high wages with no idea how they fit into a managers style.

....I dare not tell @ForeverBlue92 that we might still probably paying wages for Koeman and Walsh. Out of sight, out of mind but still on the payroll for the length of their contracts.
Not sure about that.
Think there was a settlement in order for him to take the Dutch managers job.

Marco Silva is another case and probably still being paid for by the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.