Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I won't even pretend to have watched said games, he did say it was a couple. One MOTM doesn't automatically mean he's consistently good enough.

We need consistency.

Im just asking @Hogwild which games.

As i wrote, he was player of the month before lockdown and Lothar Mattheus (amongst others) commented that he was one of the best defenders hes seen in a long time.

So, not just one motm as you mention.

Also, if he had watched him at Barca he would have see he was man of the match vs Inter in the champions league.

So its a bit peculiar to comment theyve "watched more than a couple of Schalke games" when up until lockdown hes been class for Barca and Schalke and since lockdown he's had 2 halves and 5mins of football.

Seeing as hes not really played after lockdown id say it alludes to @Hogwild referring to games prior to lockdown.

Hence why im asking which specific games he watched where Todibo wasnt very good...when the consensus in the footballing world was the opposite.

....I suspect many Spanish sides would, but the player will not want to give up circa £80k per week.

Why we have to start being brutal with players I watched that Sunderland till I die documentary and when the new owners came in they basically told the high earners stealing a living "either leave or your experience here wont be a good one".

We on the otherhand were still given the likes of Niasse game time and having them train with the squad etc.

Get the likes of Sandro, Rude Boi, Besic etc and tell them if you dont leave you aint training with the rest of the lads and you aint going out on loan - let them rot for 1-2 years away from FF.

Why we have to start being brutal with players I watched that Sunderland till I die documentary and when the new owners came in they basically told the high earners stealing a living "either leave or your experience here wont be a good one".

We on the otherhand were still given the likes of Niasse game time and having them train with the squad etc.

Get the likes of Sandro, Rude Boi, Besic etc and tell them if you dont leave you aint training with the rest of the lads and you ain't going out on loan - let them rot for 1-2 years away from FF.
Not a great example of how to run a football club is it? Worked out really well for Sunderland, they went and got relegated to League 1.
Imagine you get a new job on good money and then a new manager comes in and tells you to take a pay cut or get out and threatens you? you would be straight on to a solicitor and taking them to court.
Not the players fault they were given ridiculous deals and it has to be managed correctly and sensibly one more year and we should be shot of most of them.
Good management we need from top to bottom to get us moving in the right direction and to build something lasting, not more poor management and bad decisions

Get the likes of Sandro, Rude Boi, Besic etc and tell them if you dont leave you aint training with the rest of the lads and you aint going out on loan - let them rot for 1-2 years away from FF.

Not as easy as that. What employer wants to get a reputation for being horrible to their employees? Who would want to join us? Wouldn't do morale a world of good either.

Ideal solution is to hold your nerve and don't blow your load in initial negotiations like Steve Walsh.

Not as easy as that. What employer wants to get a reputation for being horrible to their employees? Who would want to join us? Wouldn't do morale a world of good either.

Ideal solution is to hold your nerve and don't blow your load in initial negotiations like Steve Walsh.

The top 6 spit and chew players out yet it doesnt stop young players desperate to join them does it?

You want players like Sandro to take a 70k+ a week paycut to leave you only do that by forcing their hand.

He's happy going out on loan until his contract expires knowing he'll never get a better pay day.

Force his hand.

The top 6 spit and chew players out yet it doesnt stop young players desperate to join them does it?

You want players like Sandro to take a 70k+ a week paycut to leave you only do that by forcing their hand.

He's happy going out on loan until his contract expires knowing he'll never get a better pay day.

Force his hand.
How? He’s not arsed... would u take a pay cut? No so why should he

How? He’s not arsed... would u take a pay cut? No so why should he

You banish him from the training ground

You make it clear no future at the club

You make it clear no cushy loan moves to sunny Spain or Portgual for him to still pick up his 100k a week contract.

Let him sit at home for the remaining 2 years watching Judge Judy everyday and if he has an ounce of desire to play footie he'll begrudgingly take a permanent move away. If not his football career is near enough over.

We've been push overs for too long and im sick of that lot over the road having players who will run through brick walls for their club winning trophy after trophy whilst we have a bunch of half arsed jokers stealing a wage.

This season has to be the catalyst for change - no more excuses or cushy boys club.

Stories this morning

Everton have been linked with resigning John Stones from Manchester City, it is believed Pep will look to overhaul his squad in the window and John Stones has fallen out of favour. Stones will be available for much less than City paid for him. I would quite like to have him back, I think he is quality, if we can get him for the right price.

Regular links with Gabriel and Patrik schick and Lozano, no real updates, just the same recycled stories

....it’s not their fault they were given lucrative, legally binding contracts. Most clubs will have expensive failures, the fact we have so many is largely down to Steve Walsh. There is little that can be done.

Hopefully it comes to a point in their contracts where a three year deal elsewhere is more attractive than seeing out the remainder of their deal with us, although I think we have to assume they will see out their time and take advantage of lucrative Bosmans.

You make it clear no cushy loan moves to sunny Spain or Portgual for him to still pick up his 100k a week contract.

Let him sit at home for the remaining 2 years watching Judge Judy everyday and if he has an ounce of desire to play footie he'll begrudgingly take a permanent move away. If not his football career is near enough over.

We've been push overs for too long and im sick of that lot over the road having players who will run through brick walls for their club winning trophy after trophy whilst we have a bunch of half arsed jokers stealing a wage.

This season has to be the catalyst for change - no more excuses or cushy boys club.

Not really much financial sense to that - if I'm Sandro in that situation, I hire myself a personal trainer for a year and sit off earning £100k plus per year, all of which is funded by Everton

If Everton loan him out, we get rid of at least a portion of his wages for a season which helps us with FFP (and we all know we are sailing close to the wind now).

Obviously we all want rid of him but the financial reality of it is that unless another club does something monumentally stupid, we are saddled with him until his contract is up and we have to make the best of it

Haha, make them wear hair shirts and train in clogs

Status
Not open for further replies.