Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is it different to alienating players by making them train with the kids ?
Because you're not allowing them the opportunity to do any work, or to change your mind about them. You're harming their future employment chances because they can't stay fit/sharp by training. Training with the kids is usually a punishment for bad behaviour anyway, which can be used as a defence (you had to remove the player from the group because they were disruptive). Anyone training with the kids all season would tend not to have been named in the PL squad, so again you have a solid argument as to why they're not training with the first team. So in short, it's completely different.

You banish him from the training ground

You make it clear no future at the club

You make it clear no cushy loan moves to sunny Spain or Portgual for him to still pick up his 100k a week contract.

Let him sit at home for the remaining 2 years watching Judge Judy everyday and if he has an ounce of desire to play footie he'll begrudgingly take a permanent move away. If not his football career is near enough over.

We've been push overs for too long and im sick of that lot over the road having players who will run through brick walls for their club winning trophy after trophy whilst we have a bunch of half arsed jokers stealing a wage.

This season has to be the catalyst for change - no more excuses or cushy boys club.
Rubbish! Club would be up in court for restraint of trade and would never ever attract players if they treated anyone so shabbily. The club was happy to sign them and must bear the consequences.

Its not - but thats not the current regimes fault either and Sandro and every other player at the club should be getting told you either fit in the plans or you dont, if you dont you either move or you are not around the club.

It really is that simple - you dont join Klopps Liverpool and expect an easy ride - you shouldnt be at Ancelotti's Everton and expect one either.

Players like Sandro, Tosun, Bolasie need a firm hand otherwise they'll continue to suck us dry.

Just because you say something is really simple doesn't mean it is!

Rubbish! Club would be up in court for restraint of trade and would never ever attract players if they treated anyone so shabbily. The club was happy to sign them and must bear the consequences.

Aye telling a player if they dont have a future at the club to either leave or sit at home with full pay is just awful isnt it.

Bless their little cotton socks i imagine the top human rights lawyers will be all over wee Sandro sat wiping his tears away on his 100k a week pay slip...

Its not Sandro's fault we hosed loads of money at him, is it?
Signing Sandro was a chance well worth taking. He was an under 21 International who had scored lots of goals in the Spanish league and we signed him for the kind of money you pay for an academy signing.

It is extremely disappointing that it hasn't worked out but at least we have not had to carry all his wages in the last three seasons and I think overall the outlay in total may be less than people think.

The most disappointing aspect is that he didn't succeed as a player and seemed to give up the idea of playing in England very quickly and too easily.

He has a contract and unlss someone matches or betters it he gonna stay here..end of story.
There are probably clubs in Spain that Sandro may wish to transfer to and if the opportunity came up with the possibility of a longer contract then I would guess that he would be open to a move.

I would guess there were lots of moves that Morgan Schneiderlin would have turned down but when the right move came along suddenly all ostacles seemed to disappear.

Signing Sandro was a chance well worth taking. He was an under 21 International who had scored lots of goals in the Spanish league and we signed him for the kind of money you pay for an academy signing.

It is extremely disappointing that it hasn't worked out but at least we have not had to carry all his wages in the last three seasons and I think overall the outlay in total may be less than people think.

The most disappointing aspect is that he didn't succeed as a player and seemed to give up the idea of playing in England very quickly and too easily.
Not sure on that. A couple of websites suggest Valladolid are paying him around £35/40k a week, which would leave us paying him £80k to £85k. If that's been the same on other loans and continues for two more years we'll have paid out around £30m in total for him to score one goal in a Europa league dead rubber.

We thought it was a no brainer because it sounded like a good deal, but we're not being paid to spot footballers. I think it became clear pretty quickly that he wasn't that good to be honest, you'd expect professionals to have spotted those things before splashing out that sort of money.

Not sure on that. A couple of websites suggest Valladolid are paying him around £35/40k a week, which would leave us paying him £80k to £85k. If that's been the same on other loans and continues for two more years we'll have paid out around £30m in total for him to score one goal in a Europa league dead rubber.

We thought it was a no brainer because it sounded like a good deal, but we're not being paid to spot footballers. I think it became clear pretty quickly that he wasn't that good to be honest, you'd expect professionals to have spotted those things before splashing out that sort of money.
Every signing carries a level of risk, every club make signings that don't work.
I would agree that Sandro will probably cost us 25m-30m , but in the crazy world of football that is the price you pay to take a gamble.

To reduce your risk you can double or treble that cost.

Aye telling a player if they dont have a future at the club to either leave or sit at home with full pay is just awful isnt it.

Bless their little cotton socks i imagine the top human rights lawyers will be all over wee Sandro sat wiping his tears away on his 100k a week pay slip...

....let’s not heap blame on Sandro or other players. They were courted by Walsh and invited to sign lucrative contracts. The club made a mistake and are paying the price.

It's actually incredible that it has worked out this poorly. It really did make a lot of sense when we did it.

....let’s not heap blame on Sandro or other players. They were courted by Walsh and invited to sign lucrative contracts. The club made a mistake and are paying the price.

I fully blame these players mate - we have one of the most unfit undisciplined bunch of "footballers" I've seen in a long time.

Compare the application and heart of this lot to say players under Moyes or the Dogs of War.

Too many of our fans give the players a free pass - at some point you have to question the overall ability and ambition of a good number of these players.

If I was Carlo I would be ruthless with a good number who are literally stealing a living:

Sandro
Bolasie
Besic

Then for the likes of:

Siggurdsson
Davies
Tosun
Kean

Tell them thank you for your services but you do not feature in their plans and help move them on.

I fully blame these players mate - we have one of the most unfit undisciplined bunch of "footballers" I've seen in a long time.

Compare the application and heart of this lot to say players under Moyes or the Dogs of War.

Too many of our fans give the players a free pass - at some point you have to question the overall ability and ambition of a good number of these players.

If I was Carlo I would be ruthless with a good number who are literally stealing a living:

Sandro
Bolasie
Besic

Then for the likes of:

Siggurdsson
Davies
Tosun
Kean

Tell them thank you for your services but you do not feature in their plans and help move them on.
I don't mean to be rude but all your ideas are a bit mad!

Sandro
Bolasie
Besic

Then for the likes of:

Siggurdsson
Davies
Tosun
Kean

Surely and ultimately the blame comes to those who thought they were good enough to purchase them at these prices and for those wages, no?

Every signing carries a level of risk, every club make signings that don't work.
I would agree that Sandro will probably cost us 25m-30m , but in the crazy world of football that is the price you pay to take a gamble.

To reduce your risk you can double or treble that cost.
I don't know. I feel like what you're saying is akin to suggesting that filling your car with diesel because it was cheap at the garage is a good idea, even if your car runs on petrol.

I don't mean to be rude but all your ideas are a bit mad!

Thats exactly what Klopp did - Sakho arses about boom out the door

dont fit in Klopps plans - boom out the door

Players like Clyne - boom nowhere near the team.

Show no nonsense and you build a committed team who want to win stuff. You either buy into the plans and get on the train for the journey or you get off and walk home.

Post Moyes we have been an absolute rabble on and off the pitch and it has to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.