Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing Sandro was a chance well worth taking. He was an under 21 International who had scored lots of goals in the Spanish league and we signed him for the kind of money you pay for an academy signing.

It is extremely disappointing that it hasn't worked out but at least we have not had to carry all his wages in the last three seasons and I think overall the outlay in total may be less than people think.

The most disappointing aspect is that he didn't succeed as a player and seemed to give up the idea of playing in England very quickly and too easily.

....signing Sandro was a mistake, it’s why the DoF is paid so much money. As with Tosun, the key was effective scouting. All DoFs make mistakes but there are pictures of Walsh and Koeman scouting Sandro. You would hope watching him would realise he wasn’t what we needed. I watched Tosun for 10mins at Goodison and knew.

Thats exactly what Klopp did - Sakho arses about boom out the door

dont fit in Klopps plans - boom out the door

Players like Clyne - boom nowhere near the team.

Show no nonsense and you build a committed team who want to win stuff. You either get on the train for the journey or you get off and walk home.

Post Moyes we have been an absolute rabble on and off the pitch and it has to change.
Not all at once tho!

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ered-chance-to-re-sign-26-yr-old-from-giants/

Three little articles about Lozano, Pickford, and Stones

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ered-chance-to-re-sign-26-yr-old-from-giants/

a) no chance on Lozano since Brands has said he didn't think he was worth half of what Napoli paid for him.

b) no chance in hell do I want a defender who can't defend

c) PLEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE

Not all at once tho!

But it has to start from somewhere mate and that has to be from this summer - too many players going through the motions knowing they have a place safe in the team/squad (look at Siggurdsson this season for example).

I would love us to light a fire under them this summer and get the message through that from now on if you aint putting in 100% week in week out you wont be at the club for too much longer.

Get some pride back in the shirt.

Thats exactly what Klopp did - Sakho arses about boom out the door

dont fit in Klopps plans - boom out the door

Players like Clyne - boom nowhere near the team.

Show no nonsense and you build a committed team who want to win stuff. You either buy into the plans and get on the train for the journey or you get off and walk home.

Post Moyes we have been an absolute rabble on and off the pitch and it has to change.
You can’t compare, they probably got the same wages else where, our players won’t. We are over paying them and until they get the same or more they sit here till there contracts are up. You can’t force players to leave.

I fully blame these players mate - we have one of the most unfit undisciplined bunch of "footballers" I've seen in a long time.

Compare the application and heart of this lot to say players under Moyes or the Dogs of War.

Too many of our fans give the players a free pass - at some point you have to question the overall ability and ambition of a good number of these players.

If I was Carlo I would be ruthless with a good number who are literally stealing a living:

Sandro
Bolasie
Besic

Then for the likes of:

Siggurdsson
Davies
Tosun
Kean

Tell them thank you for your services but you do not feature in their plans and help move them on.

...I’m sure players on our payroll have been made fully aware they are surplus to requirements. Loan deals at least cover part of their salary but ultimately players are not prepared to lose out financially and I can’t blame them.

Not sure on that. A couple of websites suggest Valladolid are paying him around £35/40k a week, which would leave us paying him £80k to £85k. If that's been the same on other loans and continues for two more years we'll have paid out around £30m in total for him to score one goal in a Europa league dead rubber.

We thought it was a no brainer because it sounded like a good deal, but we're not being paid to spot footballers. I think it became clear pretty quickly that he wasn't that good to be honest, you'd expect professionals to have spotted those things before splashing out that sort of money.

This website says he's on 65k. I've never seen anywhere he is getting 100k.

If another club are paying 35/40k then I think we've done business only paying him 25k. Only costing us 1.3m a year. Certainly not 30m over 2 years.

Not sure on that. A couple of websites suggest Valladolid are paying him around £35/40k a week, which would leave us paying him £80k to £85k. If that's been the same on other loans and continues for two more years we'll have paid out around £30m in total for him to score one goal in a Europa league dead rubber.

We thought it was a no brainer because it sounded like a good deal, but we're not being paid to spot footballers. I think it became clear pretty quickly that he wasn't that good to be honest, you'd expect professionals to have spotted those things before splashing out that sort of money.

Tbf atletico were after him too, and he was on barca's books. He was definitely good enough, sometimes you can never compensate for how mentality can affect a player's ability and that's what i think it was with him.

Only just realised Walcott's contract ends next June - wonder with his wages being high if we'll try move him on this summer whilst we can still get a few quid?

I'm still not sure lozano is what we need, he's similar to bernard and may suffer the same problems. I think we need a really pacey wide man who can score 15-20 goals, or move richarlison back there and buy a striker to do what he's doing now.

Lozano would be fine to accompany that of course, but we're not going to be buying two attackers for big money imo.

This website says he's on 65k. I've never seen anywhere he is getting 100k.

If another club are paying 35/40k then I think we've done business only paying him 25k. Only costing us 1.3m a year. Certainly not 30m over 2 years.
Nobody said £30m over 2 years? I said £30m in total, if we assume that he stays until the end of his contract, in 2 years. It has been widely reported from day dot that his salary is £120k a week. I obviously don't know if that's true, but I haven't plucked it from thin air.
Tbf atletico were after him too, and he was on barca's books. He was definitely good enough, sometimes you can never compensate for how mentality can affect a player's ability and that's what i think it was with him.
He was released on a free by Barca, I don't think we should necessarily see that as a sign he's 'definitely good enough'. We were told Atletico were after him. It was never confirmed, and that type of thing happens all the time. Funny that when we made him available just 6 months later none of the clubs who had supposedly been desperate to sign him were interested isn't it? He's had 7 seasons as a pro and 1 good one. It looks very much like the level we've seen is his normal level, and the season at Malaga was the outlier. To spin it the other way is a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.