Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but nobody seen Sancho either.

But he's very highly rated and along with Kouassi who has just signed for Bayern, they were desperate to keep both which says a lot. For free, these young talents are what we should be looking towards.

He's brill I wasn't debating that. Just confused why people that have never seen him would fume we'd rather go for Fraser than him.

He's brill I wasn't debating that. Just confused why people that have never seen him would fume we'd rather go for Fraser than him.

Understand. My point was more towards this being the model we should adopt. Highly rated youngsters, give them playing time to showcase their talent snd sell them for big profit if they become quality players. If, in the meantime we become a top team ourselves then we have a better chance at keeping them.

Understand. My point was more towards this being the model we should adopt. Highly rated youngsters, give them playing time to showcase their talent snd sell them for big profit if they become quality players. If, in the meantime we become a top team ourselves then we have a better chance at keeping them.

Never happening here I’m afraid. I think he’s already had a medical or something at Saint Etienne

These are the smart signings the likes of Dortmund make.

Dortmund have the huge pull for youngsters, we are obviously a long way from being like that. But it wouid be nice if we could in the future
There’s even talk Bellingham will pick them over Utd.

I think one of the other factors is, they must agree to not standing in the way of the player moving on.
I read that the reason Halland picked Dortmund was because Rioja knew that going there first, meant they could get a bigger move and more money a few years later. That is a lot harder if he’d gone to Utd first.

Never happening here I’m afraid. I think he’s already had a medical or something at Saint Etienne
Dortmund have the huge pull for youngsters, we are obviously a long way from being like that. But it wouid be nice if we could in the future

I think one of the other factors is, they must agree to not standing in the way of the player moving on.
I read that the reason Halland picked Dortmund was because Rioja knew that going there first, meant they could get a bigger move and more money a few years later. That is a lot harder if he’d gone to Utd first.

Exactly. I think the only player we signed in similar circumstances was Lukaku - even if we did pay a fair chunk for him.

The biggest problem we have is the money at stake in the PL, teams are more reluctant to develop players due to £££ and there is less patience from the fans.

Signing one or two of these types of players should be a priority

Exactly. I think the only player we signed in similar circumstances was Lukaku - even if we did pay a fair chunk for him.

The biggest problem we have is the money at stake in the PL, teams are more reluctant to develop players due to £££ and there is less patience from the fans.

Well Lukaku was PL established already. For me our most recent example was Vlasic and we ballsed that one right up.

Hes leaving PSG for gametime, that's the problem, he knows he ain't getting games in this league at 17, so why would he move here.

I wonder if Holgate + DCL get into the England squad and (hopefully) Gibson breaks through in a year we would have more pull.

Woeful buying over the last few years has set us back big time. I'm all for moving players a long this summer, we need to address this ASAP and buy accordingly. We are in danger of being left behind by teams in and around us though. We are nowhere near top 6 never mind top 4. Teams Like Leicester have left us behind and will have CL football next year.

We were better at identifying players under Moyes when we were totally skint.

Sadly this is actually an understatement. What have we spent in transfers since Moshirt has taken over £400 million? We haven't improved as we sit in12th with no money to improve. We are talking about moving on dead wood to raise funds. We have squandered the opportunity we were given in a disgraceful way and it feels like we are back to hoping for miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.