Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is we need to sort so much of the side out that Only 2/3 additions doesn’t do it. Our centre half’s have to sit deep else they’ll be exposed but you won’t be able to play two up top at the same time as the Midfield will get overstretched and we’ll get leathered by the decent sides a la Chelsea away. The central midfield is probably the least mobile In the league and the whole right side needs fixing. Crimi state of affairs given the money we’ve spent

Trouble is we need to sort so much of the side out that Only 2/3 additions doesn’t do it. Our centre half’s have to sit deep else they’ll be exposed but you won’t be able to play two up top at the same time as the Midfield will get overstretched and we’ll get leathered by the decent sides a la Chelsea away. The central midfield is probably the least mobile In the league and the whole right side needs fixing. Crimi state of affairs given the money we’ve spent

Agree with this mate that Chelsea midfield shown them all up.

3 players aren’t cutting it.

In light of Brand's transfer comments to the Dutch press talking about his continuation of removing deadwood from the squad like Schneiderlin etc and the unexpected impact of Covid-19 has on the transfer market, I still have faith that we will be aligning first team players for Ancelotti.

We need 4 first team positions filled:
Right Back
Centre Back
Defensive Midfielder
Right Winger

Operating costs for transfers pre-Covid, I feel would have been around £60/80m on all transfer including incomings. Now I think the club taking a voluntary pay cut/freeze, I think we have around £50/60m.

Also bear in mind, this interview came before UEFA loosed Financial Fair Play and still no word on Manchester City pending case to be hear in July.

It sounds frustrating but at least we aren't the only club going through this and we at least have some communication coming out of the club.
@TheSecondComing looks like @little elfin made a mistake when quoting :)

Now weve seen that it wont be 5 or 6 signings and just players for 2 or 3 positions.

If we take him at his word then it appears to be

Pickford / Lossl / Virginia
Kenny / Coleman
Mina / Keane / Holgate / +1
Walcott / +1
Gomes / Delph / Davies / Gbamin / +1
Iwobi / Bernard
DCL / Richarlison / Kean / Gordon

My guess is that those 3 players would be fee signings with anything else depending on further sales of any of the above players.

Im fine with that. We clear out the deadwood and bring in 3 starters.

I think if we add:

1 CB
1 CM
1 RW

Also clear out the deadwood then thats STEP 1.

STEP 2 I imagine is if we received offers for players ive listed such as Keane, Kenny etc then we'll add more than 3 players.

Also important to note that Brands is hardly going to mention having big money to spend or needing a Right Back as thats going to affect purchase prices and also Sidibe/Kenny before end of the season.

So, which 3 players are they?

Gabriel
Hojbjerg

Seem to be two of them...wonder who the third is...surely a right winger.

I think if we add:

1 CB
1 CM
1 RW

Also clear out the deadwood then thats STEP 1.

STEP 2 I imagine is if we received offers for players ive listed such as Keane, Kenny etc then we'll add more than 3 players.

Also important to note that Brands is hardly going to mention having big money to spend or needing a Right Back as thats going to affect purchase prices and also Sidibe/Kenny before end of the season.

We are not in perfect condition but we have a realistic plan and I think we have made enough mistakes in the past to rectify.

My only concern is we may take a while to secure our targets.

Martina, Garbutt, Niasse all released.
Don't buy Sidibe and bring Kenny back.

Transfer listed: Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Besic, Dowell, Pennington

That leaves us with the below squad. Right midfield is the obvious first gap that needs filling. Then we need to add to central midfield and centre half.

Then pray Carlo can coach us to be better.

Pickford, Stek

Coleman, Kenny

Mina, Holgate, Keane

Digne, Baines

Walcott

Gomes, Gbamin, Delph, Davies

Bernard, Iwobi, Gordon

DCL, Richarlison, Kean

That leaves us with the below squad. Right midfield is the obvious first gap that needs filling. Then we need to add to central midfield and centre half.

Pickford, Stek

Coleman, Kenny

Mina, Holgate, Keane

Digne, Baines

Walcott

Bernard, Iwobi, Gordon

DCL, Richarlison, Kean

Stekelenburgs contract is up.

Pickford, Lossl, Virginia

Coleman, Kenny

Mina, Holgate, Keane

Digne, Baines

Walcott

Bernard, Iwobi,

DCL, Richarlison, Kean, Gordon

If you add in 3 quality players there e.g:

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Gabriel Digne
Sarr Hojbjerg Gomes Iwobi
Richarlison DCL

Then if offers come in for:

lossl
kenny
keane
walcott
Delph
bernard
iwobi

we'll sell and replace.

We are not in perfect condition but we have a realistic plan and I think we have made enough mistakes in the past to rectify.

My only concern is we may take a while to secure our targets.

I think that depends on what our budget is without sales.

If Schneiderlin and Hornby go and we pickup circa £4mil + £120k a week wages to play with then that gives us £20mil + £120k a week to offer a player on a 5 year deal.

Probably covers Hojbjerg signing.

Pickford, Stek

Coleman, Kenny

Mina, Holgate, Keane

Digne, Baines

Walcott

Bernard, Iwobi, Gordon

DCL, Richarlison, Kean

Massive problem right there.

Woeful buying over the last few years has set us back big time. I'm all for moving players a long this summer, we need to address this ASAP and buy accordingly. We are in danger of being left behind by teams in and around us though. We are nowhere near top 6 never mind top 4. Teams Like Leicester have left us behind and will have CL football next year.

We were better at identifying players under Moyes when we were totally skint.

Really like that Sarr, going to be an absolute top player in a seasom or two
His pace is insane
Said yesterday (or day before that) he's another Richarlison that lad - get him in this summer before the big boys come calling.

Yeah Sarr at Watford seems to be ideal for us.

Hes rapid and seems like he just needs to get his head up more.

With the pace we have up front in DCL, Kean and Richarlison he could be a real game changer.
, they seem to have signed him for £25mil.

Perhaps a similar deal to Richarlison, £35mil with £5mil extra on bonuses?
I wonder how much he'd be valued at

Yeah Sarr at Watford seems to be ideal for us.

Hes rapid and seems like he just needs to get his head up more.

With the pace we have up front in DCL, Kean and Richarlison he could be a real game changer.
, they seem to have signed him for £25mil.

Perhaps a similar deal to Richarlison, £35mil with £5mil extra on bonuses?
I wonder how much he'd be valued at
He screams Liverpool to me which naked want him a bit more. It would be so nice to get a player like that instead of them lot..

He screams Liverpool to me which naked want him a bit more. It would be so nice to get a player like that instead of them lot..

If we got him first and he improved his vision then id not be shocked to see him be at the same level as Richarlison.

If he joins liverpool then hes going to be rotating not starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.