Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....just bumping this thread as no activity for over 6 hours, which is very strange given we’re in the middle of June.
If I’m honest Eggs I’ve been looking through the gossip columns and aside from anything to do with Chelsea it looks very much like journalistic barrel scraping to me. I don’t think they have a clue what’s going on and they look to be half-heartedly making stuff up/recycling old rubbish

Saw in that highlight video of him keeping up with Mane and beating him to the ball 18 months ago, which probably means that he is still miles quicker than any of our defenders
We have three young centre halves in Holgate, Gibson and Branthwaite at the club already. We have been strongly linked to two other young players in Gabriel and Todibo.
Bringing an ageing but quality defender to work with and teach whatever young players we have would make sense.

He wouldn't play every game and would come off the bench when needed but I can see how older players of a high calibre could help the manager build his team.

Of course we have been linked to so many players young and old that nobody has a clue what is happening.

I think we need to realise the manager will need some time to build his team , that it just won't happen by bringing a few players and expecting everything to suddenly click.

Taking any Silva news coming from Schira with a massive pinch of salt for now until someone more concrete reports on it

Same with the reports linking us with Depay again for €30m

Taking any Silva news coming from Schira with a massive pinch of salt for now until someone more concrete reports on it

Same with the reports linking us with Depay again for €30m

We were heavily interested last summer in Depay.

I have no qualms over his ability but his attitude scares me.

Plus our history with Dutch players is grim.

I see we are being linked in a few places with a move for Pereira of Utd. Please no more Utd castoffs, it gets us nowhere, and this one is a load of garbage anyway. I get that things maybe a little different this window but some of the names we are being linked with this summer (so far) seem to be of a worryingly low quality imo.

I see we are being linked in a few places with a move for Pereira of Utd. Please no more Utd castoffs, it gets us nowhere, and this one is a load of garbage anyway. I get that things maybe a little different this window but some of the names we are being linked with this summer (so far) seem to be of a worryingly low quality imo.

been a mix as usual, some media outlets will think we are skint some will think we will spend.

I didn’t expect us to spend like we did last summer. I am taking the stance of little money available and then I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

We were heavily interested last summer in Depay.

I have no qualms over his ability but his attitude scares me.

Plus our history with Dutch players is grim.

He’s had a serious injury too right? I think he’d be a decent signing but as you said it’s his attitude that could be an issue

It’s just the media putting us in as the same bracket as the West Ham’s, Southampton, palace, Leicester. It’s what they do. Since Ancelotti took charge, we have started to be linked with more quality, but this type of stuff constantly comes up.

It was lingard The other week. I’m confident we won’t be signing garbage like that.

Can we stop signing players on the downside of their career just because of the “experience” they have? That’s how we ended up with Eto’o, Rooney (part two), and Delph, and we know how those worked out.

Not only does it not work, it also slows development as it blocks a younger player who could have been getting that game time and improving.

He’s had a serious injury too right? I think he’d be a decent signing but as you said it’s his attitude that could be an issue

I know Brands raved about him at PSV. He has a year left, maybe the top teams will look at his time at Utd and his off field antics and leave well alone.

But do we take a gamble on a player at the perfect age, if we can get him at a good price late in the window, with him having a year left. If the window goes to the last day in September, he could literally sign a pre-contract with us 3 months later. And get him for nothing.

I said this the other week about us attracting players at the right age 23-26. We only get players that failed at the top clubs, like Digne, Mina, Gomes or none regulars like Iwobi.

2 top players at the right age would be depay and Rabiot. Again because of there attitudes, it’s the reason we may have a chance. And of course Ancelotti. It whether the club think it’s worth the gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.