Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Dijk and Mane weren't the world beaters they are now when they were at Southampton and look how they turned out.. Hojbjerg is very good.

Having read the thread about him on Saintsweb, it seems like he puts a real shift in but is not blessed with great passing or creativity, which is a description that reminds me of James McCarthy, who all in all, wasn't that great. But he is young, and putting in lots of effort is the very opposite of Schneilderlin and is something our currently awful midfield would benefit from.

If we were to buy him, I think we should be offering not much more than James McCarthy prices from 2013, i.e 15 - 18 million. He's entering the last year of his contract and Southampton are in no position to bargain. He shouldn't be a main target of ours.

At which point I don't really understand why we would bother. Surely we can find someone on cheaper wages to be emergency cover.

IF Carlo wants him. An idea would to be have someone of that calibre that he trusts to change the mindset and get a good 12months out of him, than buy an average squad filler on a few year contract.

IF Carlo wants him. An idea would to be have someone of that calibre that he trusts to change the mindset and get a good 12months out of him, than buy an average squad filler on a few year contract.
Carlo can like him and trust him. I still find it to be a poor use of resources for a team that isn't ready to win titles next season.

Carlo can like him and trust him. I still find it to be a poor use of resources for a team that isn't ready to win titles next season.
I’m not sure this will happen and I know he’s not going to be cheap with wages, but if we can’t get the centre back we really want IE Gabriel? Then instead of paying 20mil for your 2nd Maybe 3rd or 4th choice, plus wages. And be stuck with that player for 5yrs. Then maybe for a season this isn’t a bad option.

Zouma was a very rare quality loan imo, When the deal for him didn’t happen, last summer we were rumoured to be after Rojo on loan. Look at some of the other loan CB’s we’ve had in the past Mangala, Gardner. It’s either a player who’s 4th or 5th choice elsewhere or a youngster, who may not even settle.

I’m not sure this will happen and I know he’s not going to be cheap with wages, but if we can’t get the centre back we really want IE Gabriel? Then instead of paying 20mil for your 2nd Maybe 3rd or 4th choice, plus wages. And be stuck with that player for 5yrs. Then maybe for a season this isn’t a bad option.

Zouma was a very rare quality loan imo, When the deal for him didn’t happen, last summer we were rumoured to be after Rojo on loan. Look at some of the other loan CB’s we’ve had in the past Mangala, Gardner. It’s either a player who’s 4th or 5th choice elsewhere or a youngster, who may not even settle.
I'd like to think we can still find quality players in our 2nd or 3rd choice. I'm sure there are multiple CBs waiting to move up a level who are good enough.

He may well turn out to be class mate IF we sign him - but Southamptons best player this season has been Ings who gets slated on here so im not sure of the clamour for this bloke.

Toulouse"s relegation has been suspended currently by french courts with Amiens so they are now looking for a 22 team league next year so Sangare will still be costly no matter what ;-( Don't be thinking anything less than 20 million I reckon

I'd like to think we can still find quality players in our 2nd or 3rd choice. I'm sure there are multiple CBs waiting to move up a level who are good enough.
But I think that’s the reason they have lists and have the ones they want at the top. I would hope if they can’t get the first or second, they would move on and look to go a different route, why they regroup.

I would imagine iwobi was down the list and that hasn’t turned out great.

Not sure about this guy, but was posting about PSG and gana , funnily enough. When he posted this about Gabriel.
As Gabriel has been linked with PSG tonight

Attachments

• 28994497-273A-4AAA-B205-D5DFAA1CD170.jpeg
    28994497-273A-4AAA-B205-D5DFAA1CD170.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 348

I hope we shop abroad this summer tbh there isnt any value in England imo.

If money was no question I would love us to go for Grealish but it doesn't sound like that will be happening.

The likes of Rabiot & Rodriguez should be the sorts of players to look at with the odd Richarlison type from a lesser club.

Carlo will be shopping abroad for sure

But I think that’s the reason they have lists and have the ones they want at the top. I would hope if they can’t get the first or second, they would move on and look to go a different route, why they regroup.

I would imagine iwobi was down the list and that hasn’t turned out great.
The reporting afterword suggest Iwobi was second behind Zaha.

At any rate moving to a different route of signing a 36 year old isn't it.

Personally think Silva will be an expensive mistake wage wise.
Well, thats the rub with any free, its a "would be a good signing" depending on the wages. No free is worth 400k per week, but if you can get them at an appropriate wage you pull the trigger. If no one else is giving him major wages due to his age, then the lure of Don Carlo may get him in at market wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.