Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Can we stop signing players on the downside of their career just because of the “experience” they have? That’s how we ended up with Eto’o, Rooney (part two), and Delph, and we know how those worked out.

Not only does it not work, it also slows development as it blocks a younger player who could have been getting that game time and improving.

Since Brands has cme in we have signed 11 players permanantly and 1 on loan (sidebe)

Of those 12 players only Delph (29), Sidebe (27) & Lossl (30) have been over the age of 25, hardly call that bringing all the old gits in!

The Walsh/Koeman/Allardyce era are the ones were we bought an abundance of 28-30 year olds and we are paying for it now!

It’s just the media putting us in as the same bracket as the West Ham’s, Southampton, palace, Leicester. It’s what they do. Since Ancelotti took charge, we have started to be linked with more quality, but this type of stuff constantly comes up.

It was lingard The other week. I’m confident we won’t be signing garbage like that.
Maybe Ancelotti will change it but that's very much the bracket we're in really isn't it? I would say Leicester have actually bought much better than us for the last few years, and we can hardly moan at being put in a bracket with teams like Palace when they're above us in the league can we? We really do have a massively inflated sense of our own importance at times.

Last edited:
[

Since Brands has cme in we have signed 11 players permanantly and 1 on loan (sidebe)

Of those 12 players only Delph (29), Sidebe (27) & Lossl (30) have been over the age of 25, hardly call that bringing all the old gits in!

The Walsh/Koeman/Allardyce era are the ones were we bought an abundance of 28-30 year olds and we are paying for it now!
But that's also why we shouldn't do it again.

It’s just the media putting us in as the same bracket as the West Ham’s, Southampton, palace, Leicester. It’s what they do. Since Ancelotti took charge, we have started to be linked with more quality, but this type of stuff constantly comes up.

It was lingard The other week. I’m confident we won’t be signing garbage like that.
We absolutely are in the same bracket as them though. We don’t challenge for anything, we get more signings wrong than we get right, we waste plenty of money and we purely make up the numbers in the league never surprising anyone. We seem to think European football is our god given right when we have never even made it into the group stage of the Champions League.

Leicester are streets ahead of us, they sign well, sell well and will qualify for the CL this year. Hell they’ve even won a trophy far more recently than us.

We have a better success rate with older players than we do with younger.
Do we? Because the only players who have gotten anywhere near the level we want are guys like Lukaku and Richarlison. Genuinely struggling to think of anyone we signed older than 25 who was ever CL level for us other than Gueye. Baines was 23. Lescott 24. Help me out.

We absolutely are in the same bracket as them though. We don’t challenge for anything, we get more signings wrong than we get right, we waste plenty of money and we purely make up the numbers in the league never surprising anyone. We seem to think European football is our god given right when we have never even made it into the group stage of the Champions League.

Leicester are streets ahead of us, they sign well, sell well and will qualify for the CL this year. Hell they’ve even won a trophy far more recently than us.

And to be fair it's not like we don't already have a long and storied history of signing Uniteds cast-offs.

Yes we have wasted millions on poor players and haven’t challenged as we should have done, a lot to do with poor decisions from Moshiri, I’m not sure if them clubs could attract an Ancelotti.

And as for Leicester, yes done great this season and won the title in 2016. We finished above the next 3 seasons. With koeman, Big Sam And silva in charge. Doesn’t Mean a lot I know, but maybe Leicester don’t get it right every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.