Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fair enough and I’m no expert on these things. But if they are quoting 2mil, then it will be a lot more than a 100k it may be 1.5 mil paid over 3yrs with 0.5 paid in add ons. It’s very rare add ons or bonuses make up the majority of the fee
It depends. It's certainly not the norm for senior players because you tend to know what you're buying/selling but it's often the case with younger players. Like the Lewis Gibson fee is often quoted as £6m but we only actually paid £1m , it'll basically only cost £6m if he goes on to captain England and win the ballon d'or. I've no idea if this deal is structured that way obviously, but it is very common when untested players move, because both clubs want to cover themselves.

Think people have delusions as to what pull our club has. No europe, no trophy in 25 years and Liverpool does not have the "glamour" of London or Madrid.
We have to buy young prospects or decent players in their late 20's to bridge to gap. Its a temporary solution but players like Allan will instantly improve our horrendous midfield. Yes we overpay but we have little else to offer players.

Spurs have secured BOE of £175 million Interest rate of 0.5 %. Think lots of premier league teams will be feeling the pinch due to covid

Doesn't get in our team. Lot of money for a backup when we have Kean already.

Keans scored 1 goal and is garbage.

Toshun is well tosh.

Abraham would easily be in and around our starting 11 especially if we hope to qualify for europe and need a bigger squad. Lads a good age and seems a bit of a slotter.

Bring him home Brands lad!

They might have a filthy front line with Pulisic, Werner, and Ziyech. Unless they shift Ziyech to more of a CAM and throw old Hundson or whoever on the right
They have a lot of options on how to set things up. Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho are all good midfielders, Ziyech can play #10 as you said or more of a De Bruyne type role, Werner can be a #9 but also play off the left some and Pulisic is able to do both wings. Lots of talent to work with. Can Lampard do it? I have my doubts.

*whispers*

Since Ancelotti took over Kean is getting a goal or assist more frequently than Abraham.

Abraham has had a bad back though lad he aint been fit for a few months now.

Playing 2 up top we need realistically 3 good strikers and a 4th half decent option- say DCL or Richarlison get a bad injury would you be confident having only 2 strikers to pick from with Tosun as our only option off the bench?

Add in Europe that would be even worse playing the same 2 forwards twice a week with no rest.

This 442 means we simply have to bring in extra quality in the forward department.

Abraham has had a bad back though lad he aint been fit for a few months now.

Playing 2 up top we need realistically 3 good strikers and a 4th half decent option- say DCL or Richarlison get a bad injury would you be confident having only 2 strikers to pick from with Tosun as our only option off the bench?

Add in Europe that would be even worse playing the same 2 forwards twice a week with no rest.

This 442 means we simply have to bring in extra quality in the forward department.
We won't be adding in Europe.

I actually like the idea of signing Abraham if it is cheap, but I doubt it will be so it would be better to find a cheaper young talent to battle with Kean for minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.