Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait you thought the game where we gave up 20 shots to Newcastle was our best performance?

Based on our horrific away record that game was exactly what I wanted to see - compact set up, good counter attacks and knowing when to hold on for the win and not be daft.

The fact Keane was being bullied by Carroll, our CM being awful and the ref gifting them a soft goal stopped it from being the perfect away result/performance imo.

As I also mentioned had we had Rom that game alongside DCL and not Kean we would have easily put 3-4+ past them on the break they struggled with Richarlison out wide all game.

Based on our horrific away record that game was exactly what I wanted to see - compact set up, good counter attacks and knowing when to hold on for the win and not be daft.

The fact Keane was being bullied by Carroll, our CM being awful and the ref gifting them a soft goal stopped it from being the perfect away result/performance imo.

As I also mentioned had we had Rom that game alongside DCL and not Kean we would have easily put 3-4+ past them on the break they struggled with Richarlison out wide all game.
I really do think that was the only game I remember in his entire time here where Richarlison was a consistent threat from out wide. But sure let's rearrange the entire attack, the only part of the team that performs at even close to a top 6 level mind you, based on it.

It just doesn't make sense to mess around with the one functioning area of the team based on the hope that we can get 3 things to go right to improve it. It's just so unnecessary.

And I still don't understand how conceding 20 shots to Newcastle can be our best performance.

Everton have no money now but Napoli do? Ok...
Napoli is some mad universe, are getting 200mil from selling Koulibally, Allan and Lozano.

Being serious and I just mentioned this on twitter.
Unless Brands see’s other positions as more important and has put CB on the back burner or maybe hoping to loan someone later in the window.

People saying that’s why we’ve moved on Tobido, but apparently Barca want 22mil for him, so it’s about 8mil difference between the 2 transfers, witt payments staggered over a few years, the initial down payment could be like 3mil difference.

Are we really going to give up on apparently our first choice target, who if you believe the rumours, has agreed a salary and had a medical. For the sake of a few million. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Also he seems close to Richarlison witt liking his stuff on twitter and the chance to work with Ancelott. Seems an easy choice to me. Witt gattuso being a nutcase and Napoli players falling out witt him, some of their best players wanting to leave. I’m not convinced by this story.

Everton have no money now but Napoli do? Ok...
Everton have money ... however 100m losses Last season, PL financial regulations and the COVID-19 pandemic mean we have to be careful with how we spend. we have an awful lot of deadwood that will be hard to shift... I think it will cost us this year. I don’t think we will get Gabriel in unless Lille change their stance. I hope I am wrong

Sort of my point mate but I still dont think they are the answer up top together - we barely laid a glove on Utd at Goodison, they did sod all against Chelsea, scored 1 goal at home to Brighton wasting chance after chance, fluffed so many chances against Arsenal, Newcastle and the FA Cup Derby which all came back to haunt us.

Fact is we havent replaced Lukaku and will not achieve anything until we do.

Plenty of decent strikers out there we could take a punt on - and if Brands is as good as some say surely he could scout us the next big thing before they make it big?

Otherwise Salah, Mane and Sterling are the only wide players to be scoring anywhere near what Richarlison can in the league - daft keeping him up top when we can sign a CF slotter to allow him to hurt teams from out wide.

Hopefully Ancelotti see's that and brings in the right players.

The problem they have in all the games you mention is a lack of any top quality midfielders coming into the dangerous areas in and around the box.

We need more threats across the board.

Theres still 6 or 7 players needed to be close to having a complete squad so hopefully we bring in 4 this window and then the rest of them next summer.

Once weve got a 'complete' squad quality and numbers wise we can go for 2 top signings each summer and let the team grow organically.

Players like Digne, Holgate, DCL, Richarlison will be the foundations of the team...we just need to keep adding quality around them.

Probably why Todibo would be easier than Gabriel. Although I'd prefer spending 8 mil more for our 1st choice if Gabriel is indeed our top CB target

The problem they have in all the games you mention is a lack of any top quality midfielders coming into the dangerous areas in and around the box.

We need more threats across the board.

Theres still 6 or 7 players needed to be close to having a complete squad so hopefully we bring in 4 this window and then the rest of them next summer.

Once weve got a 'complete' squad quality and numbers wise we can go for 2 top signings each summer and let the team grow organically.

Players like Digne, Holgate, DCL, Richarlison will be the foundations of the team...we just need to keep adding quality around them.

I just think before we shell out big money on a wide player Brands needs to see what CF options are available out there and if we can get a proper slotter in then use said funds on the CF and utilise Richarlison as a wide player.

Richarlison played largely out wide in Silva's 1st season at the club and scored 14 goals - wherever he plays he is a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.