Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because "our most potent goalscoring threat" has proven he can score goals all around the pitch - central in a 442, out wide for Brazil in a 433, out wide for Silva in a 4231.

Ronaldo has played on the wing, central and wide forward in both flanks throughout his career and scored goals left, right and centre as he is a talent - as is Richarlison.

If you think we can just go out there and replace Bernard/Walcott with a winger who can bag 15+ a season then good luck with that. Outside of Mane & Salah I cant think of many wide players who have scored around that level in the Prem in recent seasons.

Fact is we havent replaced Lukaku and we still need an out and out natural finisher up top - who you taking out DCL or Rich?

Otherwise you must think we have enough goals up top when we are sat 12th, having tonked not one single team by 4 or more goals this season and scraping by sides such as Brighton at home by the single 1 goal missing chance after chance (like games against Newcastle, Arsenal etc.)

We are lightyears away from the top 6 and up top is just as much to do with it as the midfield, defence and the keeper.
We could very easily finish in the top six this season.
Maybe you meant top four.

I’m no expert on financial matters or how transfers work. But pre covid I heard John blain on Toffee TV saying how transfers work.
For example we sell Keane for 20mil and buy Gabriel for 30mil and pay him 80k a week on a 6yr deal. That works out a 9mil a season and a 11mil profit across the 2 deals

So going off the players we’ve been linked with and the prices quoted. To get a RB, CB, CM and an attacker be it a right winger or striker.

we would have to bring in roughly 40mil. Which I’m sure is doable and by also trimming the squad right down, save plenty on wages.

Has there been any links to a new goalkeeper? I know this won't be a priority but I believe that Carlo will be looking to strengthen this position in the long term.

I disagree - we played our best football under Ancelotti ironically against Newcastle where DCL & Kean were up top and Richarlison was out wide drifting in and causing them massive problems.

If we had Lukaku up top instead of Kean that day we would have put 4-5 past them easily.

Richarlison may well be a forward - so is Salah yet he wouldn't be as effective in a 442 as he is out wide in 433 and its the same as Richarlison for me.

We shoehorned him up top under Silva because both Tosun & DCL were not scoring.

Before that he has always been a wide player for club and country.
Richarlison was hurt for that game genius. And us playing well was more down to the incompetence of the all-Longstaff midfield than anything, but I'd still say it wasn't our best performance.

Richarlison was hurt for that game genius. And us playing well was more down to the incompetence of the all-Longstaff midfield than anything, but I'd still say it wasn't our best performance.

Richarlison played that game "genius"

You're thinking about the home game where we squandered chance after chance (boss strikeforce though lads) before capitulating in extra time.

Richarlison played that game "genius"

You're thinking about the home game where we squandered chance after chance (boss strikeforce though lads) before capitulating in extra time.
Wait you thought the game where we gave up 20 shots to Newcastle was our best performance?

I undetstand the logic of moving Richarlison to RW so that he can bring 10+ goals from that position then signing a centre forward who csn bring in say 15 to play with DCL.

However we cant disrupt their partnership.

What we really need to do is find a goalscoring right winger.

Sort of my point mate but I still dont think they are the answer up top together - we barely laid a glove on Utd at Goodison, they did sod all against Chelsea, scored 1 goal at home to Brighton wasting chance after chance, fluffed so many chances against Arsenal, Newcastle and the FA Cup Derby which all came back to haunt us.

Fact is we havent replaced Lukaku and will not achieve anything until we do.

Plenty of decent strikers out there we could take a punt on - and if Brands is as good as some say surely he could scout us the next big thing before they make it big?

Otherwise Salah, Mane and Sterling are the only wide players to be scoring anywhere near what Richarlison can in the league - daft keeping him up top when we can sign a CF slotter to allow him to hurt teams from out wide.

Hopefully Ancelotti see's that and brings in the right players.

Status
Not open for further replies.