Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically we couldn't address every area in one window. Especially with the quality that you are expecting. Rome wasn't built in a day and this window has laid solid foundations.

I agree mate I've always said its gonna take 2 summer windows to sort out our problems - but why get rid of Kean/Walcott and leave us short up top / out on the right?

Sandro, Tosun, Bolasie, Besic fair enough - but the other two could actually offer us something.

I think if Carlo wants Josh King to cover - he will likely get his wish. I think Pukki would be a decent reserve option as well, good movement and scored a few goals last year.

Been a great transfer window with defence and midfield looking strong! I think it's clear we are one player short up top - lack of pre season etc means players will naturally get more knocks etc as well - There is clearly a chance for someone to get into the top 4 this season - so hopefully it gets sorted.

Signing another keeper is a clear indication that Pickford has to up his game.

Despite not signing Romero because of United's high valuation, stubbornness and fear over us, I think Pickford is Carlo's Number One however he has said in the past that he requested he improve his game and he hasn't really rised to the opportunity.

The complete lack of no 2nd option has been Pickford's saving grace. With England, he applied himself better and is very very rarely dropped so now at Everton, he has an international goalkeeper who will want to be Number One so any time Pickford slips up with brainfart mistakes, we have someone who will step into his boots no problem.

It's fantastic man-managerment from Carlo because he has defended his number one publicly and privately he has expressed his wishes for him to maintain a better level plus he has given Pickford a challenge.

In the past, we had Howard who should've been dropped long before Robles came in but it was only injury that made that switch so now we have a competitive team and no one is safe.

Signing another keeper is a clear indication that Pickford has to up his game.

Despite not signing Romero because of United's high valuation, stubbornness and fear over us, I think Pickford is Carlo's Number One however he has said in the past that he requested he improve his game and he hasn't really rised to the opportunity.

The complete lack of no 2nd option has been Pickford's saving grace. With England, he applied himself better and is very very rarely dropped so now at Everton, he has an international goalkeeper who will want to be Number One so any time Pickford slips up with brainfart mistakes, we have someone who will step into his boots no problem.

It's fantastic man-managerment from Carlo because he has defended his number one publicly and privately he has expressed his wishes for him to maintain a better level plus he has given Pickford a challenge.

In the past, we had Howard who should've been dropped long before Robles came in but it was only injury that made that switch so now we have a competitive team and no one is safe.

Lossl is a strange one. Brands signed him but he is not providing competition.

I agree mate I've always said its gonna take 2 summer windows to sort out our problems - but why get rid of Kean/Walcott and leave us short up top / out on the right?

Sandro, Tosun, Bolasie, Besic fair enough - but the other two could actually offer us something.
To be honest, Kean and Walcott offered very little and I'd imagine the thought is we can offload some decent wages and adapt where necessary.

with the EFL window open a couple more weeks I can see the following leave

Lossl

Virginia

Bolaise

Besic

Tosun (assuming he’s fit enough to leave and we can get in King maybe)

Pennington

Branthwaite loan.

If we can get those guys out that would be incredible work this summer.

Well yes.

Quite baffling we allowed Kean to leave without replacing him, but for me Kean wasn't any use anyway so doubt we miss him.

If we get injuries we are goosed, but Kean and Walcott wouldnt have made much difference, both have proven to be about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

The Josh King dream is still alive!
But why buy a player now that will not be good enough for the squad next summer
Its signings like Josh King that has us where we are now

All 3 of those are primarily left sided - and Bernard/Gordon haven't had a sniff under Carlo apart from facing league 2 opposition, Iwobi is also bang average on the right.

Im done arguing as everyones in ultra happy mode so any sort of valid criticism will instantly be brushed off.

Lets see where we are when DCL/Richarlison pick up injuries and the drop off in quality is huge going into vital games - the vaults will be funny.

Them not having a sniff, sort of shows the depth in the squad though doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.