Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like you're being deliberately ignorant here:

Richy covers DCL

Gordon/Iwobi/Bernard cover Richy/James

Loads on here have been clamouring to see Simms for ages, but when it suits their agenda they'd rather bang on about Tosun being an option.

If any of the permutations come to pass that see us having to dig that deep into the squad, that's nothing more than a massive slice of bad luck that no team in the league would be prepared for.

All 3 of those are primarily left sided - and Bernard/Gordon haven't had a sniff under Carlo apart from facing league 2 opposition, Iwobi is also bang average on the right.

Im done arguing as everyones in ultra happy mode so any sort of valid criticism will instantly be brushed off.

Lets see where we are when DCL/Richarlison pick up injuries and the drop off in quality is huge going into vital games - the vaults will be funny.

I think it's more in the number 9 position where we have the issue. Ancelotti clearly sees Richarlison wide left in a front 3. He can cover DCL's position and very well, but it disrupts the balance of the system. Ideally, we would have had someone who can come in to cover DCL without disrupting Richarlison's role. It's not a major problem, but 2 injuries and we are in big trouble.

I'm sorry, but if we are left to depend on Tosun later in the season, then we are in big trouble.
Lets be honest if it was Kean coming in we were already in big trouble.

Probably yes, but that's why I expected a replacement for the two who left. It doesn't even need to be a top level player, just someone capable of 10 a season who has plenty of athleticism.
Well yes.

Quite baffling we allowed Kean to leave without replacing him, but for me Kean wasn't any use anyway so doubt we miss him.

If we get injuries we are goosed, but Kean and Walcott wouldnt have made much difference, both have proven to be about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

The Josh King dream is still alive!

I haven't a problem with them going - but to sit here chortling that we haven't replaced them is absolutely ludicrous.

Why is it on here that you can not offer any valid criticisms without having some form of agenda?

Brands had a good window I've admitted that - but it hasn't come without faults and leaving us light up top is one of those faults. To point that out and it being some kind of heresy is the sort of cultish crap you see on RAWK with threads being locked because someone doesn't agree everything in the house of Kopite is wonderful.

Its just bizarre.

It’s all what if scenarios for now mate, we could go and buy Benrahma or King in the next couple of weeks but if we don’t and we do get a couple of injuries, I’d trust Carlo to fit players in to cover positions. That’s the key for me, a manager who knows what he’s doing

It’s all what if scenarios for now mate, we could go and buy Benrahma or King in the next couple of weeks but if we don’t and we do get a couple of injuries, I’d trust Carlo to fit players in to cover positions. That’s the key for me, a manager who knows what he’s doing

The problem is we have a golden opportunity to get top 4 this season - dont take needless risks.

If you cant find the right player dont get rid of Walcott who is our only natural right sided cover for James.

Kean has been average but he's much better an option than a half fit Tosun - if we cant find a striker keep Kean.

The problem is we have a golden opportunity to get top 4 this season - dont take needless risks.

If you cant find the right player dont get rid of Walcott who is our only natural right sided cover for James.

Kean has been average but he's much better an option than a half fit Tosun - if we cant find a striker keep Kean.

Again what ifs, we may challenge top 4, we might just as easily fall away when teams sort themselves out and figure us out. Let’s see where we are in 5-6 weeks time heading into December

All 3 of those are primarily left sided - and Bernard/Gordon haven't had a sniff under Carlo apart from facing league 2 opposition, Iwobi is also bang average on the right.

Im done arguing as everyones in ultra happy mode so any sort of valid criticism will instantly be brushed off.

Lets see where we are when DCL/Richarlison pick up injuries and the drop off in quality is huge going into vital games - the vaults will be funny.
Realistically we couldn't address every area in one window. Especially with the quality that you are expecting. Rome wasn't built in a day and this window has laid solid foundations.

I for 1 am utterly gutted that we will never get the chance to see Walcott sprint 50 yards with the ball only to pass it it to the other team or shoot into the stands.
Or indeed watch Kean half-arse it around the pitch for 20minutes before getting subbed off for being garbage.

Fab window.. Hopefilly a few more out before the 16th.. maybe another in... Next Summer is the big one .. Nearly all the not good enough /poor buys gone and Marcel and Carlo can or more likely will get us where we belong

Status
Not open for further replies.