Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Bolassie Besic Lossi and a few young lads off the books we are actually net gainers this summer
All bow at the feet of Marcel and Carlo magnifico

I thought that too. The ones you mention above, plus the likes of Pennington etc. We need to make up 140k p/a to break even this year, which seems quite doable.

I wonder if Bolasie may end up with some of his contract paid up?

Them not having a sniff, sort of shows the depth in the squad though doesn't it?

The problem is the depth is all lop sided - an injury to DCL or James and their natural replacements are a half fit Tosun & Iwobi out of position.

We wouldn't sell Kenny and not bring in another RB just because Holgate/Godfrey/Davies can play RB so why do it with the forward options?

Dont get me wrong if we pull someone like King or Sarr out the hat if a few more go out on loan then its been great but I dont see how its not a rational argument to suggest not bringing in another forward has left us threadbare up top certainly in terms of quality replacements.

We play with 3 attacking players

Richarlison DCL James

Iwobi covers Richarlison

an 80% fit Tosun whos crap covers DCL

We have no natural right sided player who covers James

You can dress it up as much as you like but we are short up top and are relying on no key injuries otherwise its chopping around with much less quality.

Iwobi covers James, since, you know he has done a few times already this season.

Interesting about Romero, his wife complaining about Man U blocking his move to us.

Also after all the Lampard fuss, Tomori has gone out on loan.

We do seem a little light on top yeah, but I’m not overly mad at this moment. They’ve had to sell the Walcott and Kean because they a favourable value to loss of impact on the squad. We need to get money in/wages off so it makes sense from a financial standpoint. Unless we dip into the EFL market, we roll with Cenk as cover until January. Might even get his fitness up and a little more value to his stocks. Wishful thinking?

The problem is the depth is all lop sided - an injury to DCL or James and their natural replacements are a half fit Tosun & Iwobi out of position.

We wouldn't sell Kenny and not bring in another RB just because Holgate/Godfrey/Davies can play RB so why do it with the forward options?

Dont get me wrong if we pull someone like King or Sarr out the hat if a few more go out on loan then its been great but I dont see how its not a rational argument to suggest not bringing in another forward has left us threadbare up top certainly in terms of quality replacements.

Sarr could re-emerge, and as you say King, particularly if it was on loan for a season would make a lot of sense.

Welbeck IN.

05049E6A-3118-46B9-9B0E-145BE5E8E375.jpeg

All 3 of those are primarily left sided - and Bernard/Gordon haven't had a sniff under Carlo apart from facing league 2 opposition, Iwobi is also bang average on the right.

Im done arguing as everyones in ultra happy mode so any sort of valid criticism will instantly be brushed off.

Lets see where we are when DCL/Richarlison pick up injuries and the drop off in quality is huge going into vital games - the vaults will be funny.

Your whole argument is based on a reasonably unlikely "what if", though, mate. Carlo is getting tunes out of players that weren't worth a carrot last year so "what if" Iwobi comes good on the right? "What if" he gets Bernard and/or Gordon up to speed to the extent that he trusts them beyond the cup?

A world-class coach improving his squad options by training rather than just buying new players is a far more likely scenario than yours.

Plus, as others have said, we could well pick up options from lower leagues if his inclination IS to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.