Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine Ancelotti accepting Walcott/Bernard/ potentially leaving and Kean and no one coming in, It would be a huge risk going forward after the great start unless him and Brands have accepted this gamble.
I mean Ben Godfrey did kinda come out of no where so it'll be interesting to see.

I feel like when we brought Lukaku in on loan that there wasn't even a hint of a deal until around 7pm - a similar sort of deal tonight would be most welcome.

I'd like us to bring a goalkeeper and forward in, both would help with our momentum. I don't want us short of options, there is an opportunity for us to really achieve something this season.

honestly i don't get the sudden anger that Bernard might go out on loan. I'm more concerned about Kean who was our only other striker (please don't say Tosun, he's injured and useless) and Walcott who was our only other natural right winger. Bernard plays in 2 positions of which we have plenty of cover for. He appears to be 4th choice in both those positions and baring a couple of decent cameos against Salford and Fleetwood he isn't being picked. Clearly talented but has never adapted to the speed and strength of the Premierleague and he's on silly money. In an ideal world it would be lovely to keep him because he does have that bit of magic but it makes perfect sense to get him out the door. The fella is expendable.
I think Tosun can score goals with the service and passing that we are now seeing from the others. Isolating him up top, I don't think he is fast enough or strong enough and he struggled in that role. I'd fancy him to score goals much more successfully with our new players/system than Kean. I think in many aspects, Kean and Tosun are the exact opposites of each other as far as physical characteristics and goal scoring. Tosun is really instinctive around the goal and I would expect him to score in this set up if needed to play.

Mind you, I would love another option but if it is only between Tosun and Kean, I'd take Tosun.

Status
Not open for further replies.