Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just a player who flatters to deceive, I've never seen the big deal with him tbh
The funny thing is.

If we were signing him now then people would be happy about it all over again.

A fast experienced Winger who can chip in with goals, essentially what we are after as a replacement

So that's Bernard, Walcott and Kean out with no strikers or wingers credibly linked at the time of writing.

There must be something we don't know about.

That or we just know we're going to go after a Sarr or King from the championship.

The only signing we might make is a goalkeeper. I doubt there is anything left in the kitty after the Godfrey deal (CB became a bigger priority to early injuries). I can't see there being anyone available on loan or free who is likely to improve our attacking options. Factor in Tosun and we would have to spedn a decent wedge to get an upgrade on him (I know he is not great but he isn't Niasse or Sandro)

I mean if youre looking for a goalkeeper who doesnt make some mad mistakes at times, you'll be looking for a long time.

Even the best goalkeepers in the world have made massive clangers, Neuer has made quite a few, Allison the same, Ederson too.

We aren't wanting a world beater, we aren't getting a world beater, Could that lad be better? Sure. Is he a bad goalkeeper, no.
Goalies are a breed apart. They're like racehorses. Sensitive. They all make errors.

Arguably, if the defence is any use the goalie shouldn't have to make any but the most straightforward of saves.

Remember the Brazil goalie back in the 60s? I don't, because he never had to do anything except spark up another Romeo y Julieta!

I actually think we are two attacking players short if all three go
It would be a surprise if three players who have been on the bench regularly this season leave the club, when there are numerous others who are nowhere near the matchday squad even for the Carbao Cup still being paid to train at Finch Farm.

So that's Bernard, Walcott and Kean out with no strikers or wingers credibly linked at the time of writing.

There must be something we don't know about.

That or we just know we're going to go after a Sarr or King from the championship.

I intend to keep banging this large Kingsley Coman shaped drum until midnight tonight

Besic, Bolasie and Sandro any takers?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.