Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

All football transfers are daft. It's basically an obligation to buy clause under a different name, there's nothing weird about it. You take him on loan to get round FFP this year, with the guarantee that you'll pay £45M next year. If you choose not to buy him you still have to pay £25m because otherwise what have we got out of the deal? It's like the clause that was in Gareth Barry's contract that meant we had to pay for him even though he was on a free transfer, which loads of people also claimed wouldn't be true.

The idea that somebody would be agree to a £25m 'loan fee' for not signing a Championship player after a one year loan is nonsense. Over the 8 months left of the season that's paying £3.2m per month for a player before wages. Over £700k per week.

Just no.

Gordon has played up front before. Kean never seems to play up front much anyway.

I get the Kean shouts but we are basically replacing nothing.
True, but that was why Kean was a problem. We needed a decent option to come in/on and do a job without it being a massive drop off and he didn't seem to be able to do it, so getting him out to get someone else in made sense. Getting him out and not bringing anyone else doesn't though, because there's no improvement. While Kean wasn't brilliant by any stretch, he did score some goals and get a couple of assists. It was nowhere near enough, obviously, but he was at least an option. Same applies to Walcott.

Mad mistake?! He's Karate Kid Kicked him mate!

He's absolutely awful. Not just because of that clip, because every time I see him he looks like a deer in headlights.

I refuse to believe Brands and Carlo believe he's the answer.
Nearly every time ive seen him he's been a very good shot stopper. Saw him against liverpool last season or the season before and he was incredible that day so i guess its just whatever you see mate.

Fact is though, he isn't awful, he isn't boss either but he's decent.

The idea that somebody would be agree to a £25m 'loan fee' for not signing a Championship player after a one year loan is nonsense. Over the 8 months left of the season that's paying £3.2m per month for a player before wages. Over £700k per week.

Just no.
Yeah i don't think you understand what I'm getting at but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.