Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is not an improvement on Pickford. If so, he would've been picked up by someone rather than sitting on Spurs bench for a number of years.

Getting a clubs number 2 to oust our number 1 is pure panic loan
As I said originally anyone claiming this is not being realistic about just how bad Pickford is.

Yeah, that doesn't sound daft at all...

:confused:
All football transfers are daft. It's basically an obligation to buy clause under a different name, there's nothing weird about it. You take him on loan to get round FFP this year, with the guarantee that you'll pay £45M next year. If you choose not to buy him you still have to pay £25m because otherwise what have we got out of the deal? It's like the clause that was in Gareth Barry's contract that meant we had to pay for him even though he was on a free transfer, which loads of people also claimed wouldn't be true.

I mean if youre looking for a goalkeeper who doesnt make some mad mistakes at times, you'll be looking for a long time.

Even the best goalkeepers in the world have made massive clangers, Neuer has made quite a few, Allison the same, Ederson too.

We aren't wanting a world beater, we aren't getting a world beater, Could that lad be better? Sure. Is he a bad goalkeeper, no.
Mad mistake?! He's Karate Kid Kicked him mate!

He's absolutely awful. Not just because of that clip, because every time I see him he looks like a deer in headlights.

I refuse to believe Brands and Carlo believe he's the answer.

Why don't we ask an actual Spurs fan for their opinion on Gazzaniga?

@Yid4life

I have asked a really good friend of mine who is a Spurs season ticket holder and knows his stuff. He said:

• Better than Pickford
  • Big and tall (with long arms)
  • Him moving is to do with the foreign player spots and Joe Hart being new backup keeper
  • He'd put him straight in to our first XI

I know mate but that's a compilation of his best saves.

I can't find one for his worst bits but just LOOK at this:

Yeah its poor that mate but lets be honest, you wont find a goalie that hasnt made a howler and its interesting that there aren't many vids of his mistakes whereas there are absolute tons of Pickfords howlers. Just need someone who can put pressure on Pickford and he doesn't need to be a world beater, just competent imo.

In 2009 we had a lot of injuries and had Cahill and Felli playing up top. We finished 5th and got to a cup final. Not all bad.
I'm pretty sure we had a similar situation in 2011-12 season before Jelavic came in
In 2009 we had Yakubu as a first choice striker, Saha as back up, and Anichebe and Vaughan behind him. Yes there was a point when all 4 were injured, but that's not quite the same as them not existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.