Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

All people are arsed about is the wins, when we lose the Gomes tints will come off.

When we are winning it's a forum of headpatters, very fickle base who doesn't look beyond the result.

what’s Gomes done so badly wrong though?
he had a very good first season, got an awful injury in his second, came back and was instantly our best player in the middle then lockdown hit

he struggled after that but has looked pretty sharp in the opening two games.

And Siggy
Gomes has got more talent than the 3 of them combined. He had a bad injury last season and some poor performances but you fellas have short memories. He’s a great passer got good feet and is very strong on the ball and will shine with Doucoure and Allen alongside him just as he did with Ghana at the back end of 2018/19 season.

There was a really good bit in that new Spurs doc where Ben Davies asks: “why are people so obsessed with new players. Whatever happened to being able to develop a squad?”

We’ve made three very good additions. We need a few more and to shift a few players who aren’t gonna contribute.
Gomes isn’t one of those players

I know everyone has a love/ hate relationship with formations lol

But listing the u20s around the first team actually mirrors where were incredibly weak in the squad.

343 formation
Virginia
??? Gibson Branthwaite
??? ??? ??? Nkounkou
??? Kean Gordon

Left side: Incredibly dangerous with depth.

Right side: Weve got Coleman/James who have zero competition in the squad.

Midfield: Yes weve signed Allan + Doucoure but they have no competition whatsoever (perhaps Gbamin if he comes back well).

Defence: Two defenders without real pace in Gibson/Branthwaite (Mina/Keane) and another player needed with recovery pace (aside from holgate we have no one).

In terms of the outfield, just a join the dot exercise shows us what we need to do...

RB + RF + CB + CM

All need to be strengthened over the next couple of windows.

Whichever positions we can fill this window are a bonus.
Ideally we need an upgrade in 2/3 positions but we're not incredibly weak there Zat

This is my first ever post and I have been reading the forum for around a year. I just need to comment that foreverblue92 talks utter garbage. What a dork
Slapped down out of nowhere!
MindlessMediocreArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.