Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he played alright the other night.

But he cant be relied upon, so I also hope he's sold, along with about 10 others.

My point was, if you look at all the highly rated u20s who have been provided an opportunity or a pathway to the first team they have first 11 players ahead of them. Theres no one in between.

Virginia / Pickford
Nkounkou / Digne
Branthwaite / Mina
Gibson / Keane
Gordon / Richarlison
Kean / DCL

Thats a direct correlation of the first 11 and immediate high potential competition.

If you look at RB/RW/CM + more than 1 CB with pace in the first team there is no quality rotation option for any of those positions.

It shows a clear pattern forming.

Carlo seems happy with his options at RB I think.

I know we as fans arent over the moon, but Coleman has been really steady and whilst JJK hasn't set the world on fire, he also looks a steady option.

Of course we need better than steady.

We defo need a CB and I'm fairly confident we will get 1 in.

Other than that, its sadly the same story as the last few weeks, as Carlo has said, the squad is to big and we need to try and offload a lot of players before we add.

Im still hopeful that Don Brands has an ace up his sleeve, but we need some no mark clubs to pony up some dosh for our tosh.
Yes agree I do think we'll get a cb and a rb. I love Seamus but this team will be playing with pace so need the right side sorted, too much to ask from Seamus for a full season don't even think we need a RW, we'll just use our fullbacks for width and pace this season. Pacey Rb a must

Yes agree I do think we'll get a cb and a rb. I love Seamus but this team will be playing with pace so need the right side sorted, too much to ask from Seamus for a full season don't even think we need a RW, we'll just use our fullbacks for width and pace this season. Pacey Rb a must

I dunno, I think with Hamez on the right it suits us to have somebody like Coleman, he doesn't get up and down as much as he used to, so probably suits him to sit a bit more at his age.

I get that Hamez probably wont play every game, so if he's missing then our right side instantly becomes quite bad, it certainly needs looking at.

Gomes is allowed to get away with being a crab but when Davies and Delph keep it "ticking over" there is murder.

I don’t think you can compare. Delph has no fans as he seems to be a bell and has barely been fit to play

Davies actually does some of the role Gomes plays as he does give the ball and then move to receive and link play, but anything he does okay is being offset by the lost possession, the inability to win a 50/50 and the errors he makes which often seem to lead to goal or goal chances.

So we have Gomes, who I am pretty certain is doing precisely the role Carlo expects of him within that 3 in midfield. He ain’t perfect. He goes backwards with his passes a little too often. Carlo had a go at him for losing possession weakly for West Broms second goal. But I don’t know how you look at the games this season and see him as a weak link, and think you are seeing something so obvious that you think other fans are blinded by bias. I am pretty sure Carlo is note even thinking twice about the job he is doing.

I think a bonus with Gomes is he will play the unsung role in the team but in moments will show there is more to his game and will again pop up making an impact further forward.

if we are wrong on this, we will see him dropped but I think he will be a starter for the season if fit showing he is doing the job asked of him.

personally I think his critics so far this season are looking for him to do something that he himself is not being asked to do.

I dunno, I think with Hamez on the right it suits us to have somebody like Coleman, he doesn't get up and down as much as he used to, so probably suits him to sit a bit more at his age.

I get that Hamez probably wont play every game, so if he's missing then our right side instantly becomes quite bad, it certainly needs looking at.
Seamus will always give everything for us but a pacey rb would allow Hamez to come inside with rb bombing down wing and allow Seamus to be used sparingly.

All people are arsed about is the wins, when we lose the Gomes tints will come off.

When we are winning it's a forum of headpatters, very fickle base who doesn't look beyond the result.

Is the right answer - outside of the boo boys (Glyfi, Pickford, Davies) you have the players who are limited but get a pass when we are doing well but then lose a game and they are crap, too slow etc.(Coleman, Gomes, Iwobi).

Im not calling Gomes crap, im just simply saying we cant rely on James to be our sole creator and for me we could sign a number of players who could do what Gomes offers and plenty more.

Barkley for example got slated for alot less than Gomes.

Is the right answer - outside of the boo boys (Glyfi, Pickford, Davies) you have the players who are limited but get a pass when we are doing well but then lose a game and they are crap, too slow etc.(Coleman, Gomes, Iwobi).

Im not calling Gomes crap, im just simply saying we cant rely on James to be our sole creator and for me we could sign a number of players who could do what Gomes offers and plenty more.

Bring our Ross home

Play Bernard in that role

Status
Not open for further replies.