Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone has a love/ hate relationship with formations lol

But listing the u20s around the first team actually mirrors where were incredibly weak in the squad.

343 formation
Virginia
??? Gibson Branthwaite
??? ??? ??? Nkounkou
??? Kean Gordon

Left side: Incredibly dangerous with depth.

Right side: Weve got Coleman/James who have zero competition in the squad.

Midfield: Yes weve signed Allan + Doucoure but they have no competition whatsoever (perhaps Gbamin if he comes back well).

Defence: Two defenders without real pace in Gibson/Branthwaite (Mina/Keane) and another player needed with recovery pace (aside from holgate we have no one).

In terms of the outfield, just a join the dot exercise shows us what we need to do...

RB + RF + CB + CM

All need to be strengthened over the next couple of windows.

Whichever positions we can fill this window are a bonus.

Literally the only person arsed about a players age is you.

The hatred I have for our squad cling ons if very very real, Bolasie and Sandro are at the very top of my hate list, they are offering a grand total of zero but pretend they are fighting for their place to squeeze every last dreg out of their lucrative contracts even at the expense of their limited careers.
Why hate them?
They aren't good players, but they don't deserve hate for that.

Damn.... Everton’s best u23 lineup would be a good one with Richarlison and dcl just qualifying

The point i was making was that the weaknesses in the squad are echoed even with the players under 20.

We have Gordon and we have Richarlison.
We have Kean and we have DCL.

Those two slots are fine, as are others such as left back with Digne/Nkounkou.

But the weakness is down the right with either a lack of quality OR a lack of quality depth. Same as u20s.

Centre midfield also no quality depth same as u20s.

What does Gomes do apart from keep possession?

Most over rated player at the club - a creative player that doesn't create and you can dress it up as much as you want but thats what he is meant to be in the midfield.

Sorry that just coz we win a few games we cant critique our players just because they are handsome and not called Siggurdsson or Pickford.
Did you actually watch any of those games?

Gomes made some superb passes - particularly the one for DCL with the outside of his foot which would have put him in on goal had he been paying attention. Our midfield seems perfectly balanced with him, Doucoure and Allan. Long may it continue. The three of them have hardly put a foot wrong except for a couple of passages of play against WBA when we went a bit gung Ho and got done on the counter.

Of course we can critique our players, but let's base it on what we see here and now and not what we have seen during the past. We know he is very talented and we know he has struggled at times, but show me a player who hasn't in their career. He is doing just fine at the moment. Give him our support.

Amazing that theres Wan Bissaka, James, TAA, Aarons and Lamptey at right back who are all young and English.

Then of course we have the entire globe to find a right back but havent managed to bring one in for 2-3 seasons now.

My guess is that depending on finishing position and moving players on, next summer we'll be focused on GK / RB / CB / RF positions.

The defence to me looks like our weak link.
Its been a great window so far, a perfect midfield brought in exciting young lb brought in we're exciting and fun to watch for first time in many, many years world class manager but surely we have to get at least a pacey starting rb and cb cover before window closes

Its been a great window so far, a perfect midfield brought in exciting young lb brought in we're exciting and fun to watch for first time in many, many years world class manager but surely we have to get at least a pacey starting rb and cb cover before window closes

Carlo seems happy with his options at RB I think.

I know we as fans arent over the moon, but Coleman has been really steady and whilst JJK hasn't set the world on fire, he also looks a steady option.

Of course we need better than steady.

We defo need a CB and I'm fairly confident we will get 1 in.

Other than that, its sadly the same story as the last few weeks, as Carlo has said, the squad is to big and we need to try and offload a lot of players before we add.

Im still hopeful that Don Brands has an ace up his sleeve, but we need some no mark clubs to pony up some dosh for our tosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.