Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Gomes do apart from keep possession?

Most over rated player at the club - a creative player that doesn't create and you can dress it up as much as you want but thats what he is meant to be in the midfield.

Sorry that just coz we win a few games we cant critique our players just because they are handsome and not called Siggurdsson or Pickford.

Certainly going to be interesting this season with Gomes currently starting in that LCM position.

Sigurdsson, Bernard and Iwobi his competition.

If anything it tells us thats a massively overstacked position.

Need to sell two of them.

Certainly going to be interesting this season with Gomes currently starting in that LCM position.

Sigurdsson, Bernard and Iwobi his competition.

If anything it tells us thats a massively overstacked position.

Need to sell two of them.
I think the good thing is Iwobi and Bernard could play out wide in the 433 if needs be, even Sigurdsson at a push. In fact Bernard playing where Richarlison is now if Richarlison is out, isn't the worst thing in the world.

The hatred I have for our squad cling ons if very very real, Bolasie and Sandro are at the very top of my hate list, they are offering a grand total of zero but pretend they are fighting for their place to squeeze every last dreg out of their lucrative contracts even at the expense of their limited careers.

Most over rated player at the club - a creative player that doesn't create and you can dress it up as much as you want but thats what he is meant to be in the midfield.

Sorry that just coz we win a few games we cant critique our players just because they are handsome and not called Siggurdsson or Pickford.

I'm sure I've seen a quote from you saying DCL is the most overrated!? Make your mind up cos it does look like a line you use depending on who you're looking to have a pop at.

The hatred I have for our squad cling ons if very very real, Bolasie and Sandro are at the very top of my hate list, they are offering a grand total of zero but pretend they are fighting for their place to squeeze every last dreg out of their lucrative contracts even at the expense of their limited careers.
That's the annoying thing really. I can't say that Sandro is pretending that as he literally hasn't said a thing, but he's clearly just prepared to sit on his arse until the end of his contract which is just as bad imo. Those two and Besic need to get gone asap. Plus about 12 others.

I know everyone has a love/ hate relationship with formations lol

But listing the u20s around the first team actually mirrors where were incredibly weak in the squad.

343 formation
Virginia
??? Gibson Branthwaite
??? ??? ??? Nkounkou
??? Kean Gordon

Left side: Incredibly dangerous with depth.

Right side: Weve got Coleman/James who have zero competition in the squad.

Midfield: Yes weve signed Allan + Doucoure but they have no competition whatsoever (perhaps Gbamin if he comes back well).

Defence: Two defenders without real pace in Gibson/Branthwaite (Mina/Keane) and another player needed with recovery pace (aside from holgate we have no one).

In terms of the outfield, just a join the dot exercise shows us what we need to do...

RB + RF + CB + CM

All need to be strengthened over the next couple of windows.

Whichever positions we can fill this window are a bonus.

They aren’t cling ons though, they were offered contracts for stupid amounts of years and For a lot of money, unfortunately we are still Paying for poor management years down the line.

I know everyone has a love/ hate relationship with formations lol

But listing the u21s around the first team actually mirrors where were incredibly weak in the squad.

343 formation
Virginia
??? Gibson Branthwaite
??? ??? ??? Nkounkou
??? Kean Gordon

Left side: Incredibly dangerous with depth.

Right side: Weve got Coleman/James who have zero competition in the squad.

Midfield: Yes weve signed Allan + Doucoure but they have no competition whatsoever (perhaps Gbamin if he comes back well).

Defence: Two defenders without real pace in Gibson/Branthwaite (Mina/Keane) and another player needed with recovery pace (aside from holgate we have no one).

In terms of the outfield, just a join the dot exercise shows us what we need to do...

RB + RF + CB + CM

All need to be strengthened over the next couple of windows.

Whichever positions we can fill this window are a bonus.
Can’t we stick Tom and Jjk in as there only 22 lol

All people are arsed about is the wins, when we lose the Gomes tints will come off.

When we are winning it's a forum of headpatters, very fickle base who doesn't look beyond the result.

I think the good thing is Iwobi and Bernard could play out wide in the 433 if needs be, even Sigurdsson at a push. In fact Bernard playing where Richarlison is now if Richarlison is out, isn't the worst thing in the world.

Good thinking here, but i would say...

Richarlison/Gordon on the left. Id try to keep them there all season long as thats an ideal starter and rotation option.

Right forward is James + 1. None of Iwobi, Bernard or Sigurdsson seem to be very good there. If anything possibly Iwobi could be best as he seems to be the 'link player' between midfield and attack.

Left centre mid: Gomes, Bernard, Sigurdsson,Iwobi can all play there. Even if we pigeon hole Iwobi as James' backup then thats 3 players into 2 squad positions.

One or two need to be sold really.

Good thinking here, but i would say...

Richarlison/Gordon on the left. Id try to keep them there all season long as thats an ideal starter and rotation option.

Right forward is James + 1. None of Iwobi, Bernard or Sigurdsson seem to be very good there. If anything possibly Iwobi could be best as he seems to be the 'link player' between midfield and attack.

Left centre mid: Gomes, Bernard, Sigurdsson,Iwobi can all play there. Even if we pigeon hole Iwobi as James' backup then thats 3 players into 2 squad positions.

One or two need to be sold really.
I get what you're saying and I'd get rid of Gylfi, it all depends on how flexible with his tactics Ancelotti wants to be as having those lads gives him plenty of options to fiddle if need be.

Pretty sure they should be commended for trying hard otherwise they'd be even more impossible to sell. They're under no illusions they're not getting into the first team, what would you prefer, they sulk like ozil and make it nailed on they'll see out the rest of their contract here?

Status
Not open for further replies.