Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that sickens me the most is Bolasie, fully aware he's not wanted at the club, being fully prepared to potentially forfeit the rest of his career by seeing out his contract instead of actively seeking to join a new club on a longer-term contract.

Yes he may be gifted 70k a week for nothing this season, but if he's not playing he becomes an even more (as if it's even possible) unattractive prospect for a new club, whereas he could go and sign a three-year-deal somewhere for 30k a week and maintain a career and end up even richer for it.

It's not like we're going to be demeanding actual money off anybody. And even if we are, it'd be a nominal fee at best. I reckon we've even offered him a mutual termination and he's rejected it.

...it was Everton who gave Bolasie a lengthy big bucks contract, I don’t blame him in the least for not taking a significant pay cut to simply play elsewhere. Indeed, he’s been playing on loan.

The only way Bolasie will leave is if it’s financially lucrative and that could mean the security of a 3 year contract elsewhere with a decent signing fee and salary.

Serious question here.
Signed "subject to medical" is a phrase that's commonly heard (e.g. Gabriel to Arsenal is now being reported this way)
Everton, according to reports, hosted a medical prior to finalising any negotiations.
Is this something we do regularly? Do other clubs do this? What could be the advantages/disadvantages?

776D5777-6A4D-446E-AAC2-9DA901E58ED2.png

You know who we should go for? Ahhhhhh what's his name...You know that guy at psv. The one that made them loads of money and won them cups and leagues and made ajax the second best team in a league they've dominanted for decades...oh, yeah! His name is brands!...oh wait we've already gotten him haven't we.

It's almost as if being the dof of a team in a lower quality league let's you take more chances on younger players and having the time to allow the manager to develop a style and the players the dof brings in is easier in a league with lower standard's then the premier league.

Strange thought, maybe buying players that are premier league quality (the best league in the world) is harder and more expensive then buying players for a pub league...like I said just a thought.

So in your words he done well in a pub league, How does doing well in a pub league justify him being at Everton then.

Serious question here.
Signed "subject to medical" is a phrase that's commonly heard (e.g. Gabriel to Arsenal is now being reported this way)
Everton, according to reports, hosted a medical prior to finalising any negotiations.
Is this something we do regularly? Do other clubs do this? What could be the advantages/disadvantages?

There is no way he was having a medical in March, 4 months before the transfer window opened. That would be clear tapping up.

Serious question here.
He came from France to the uk he needs to isolate for 2 weeks

Serious question here.

You tend to see this on deadline day or close to it, I think it's happening at the moment due to the virus, because of the quarentines players are not travelling to the buying clubs for medicals until the deal is agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.