Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this notion that giving money to Brands means it will be wasted.
The sale of Digne and Richarlison alone would bring him back to substantial profit on his sales and purchases since he arrived.

That is without mentioning Kean and Gbamin who could still turn out to good buys.

I think Gomes is at least worth what we paid for him and probably Mina the same.
No chance at all that Gomes or Mina have held on to their value. Be lucky to get 50% of what we paid for either and I’m being serious.

Mina was probably our best player until his injury mate
I don’t agree with that but that wasn’t what I meant tbh. I don’t mean he’s bad but we paid a massive premium based on the World Cup and him coming from Barcelona. I read he’s earning over a hundred grand a week. Not many teams pay 20mil and them wages for centre backs and I don’t see any of the ones that do wanting him.

I don't understand this notion that giving money to Brands means it will be wasted.
The sale of Digne and Richarlison alone would bring him back to substantial profit on his sales and purchases since he arrived.

That is without mentioning Kean and Gbamin who could still turn out to good buys.

I think Gomes is at least worth what we paid for him and probably Mina the same.
I keep hearing this argument that Brands is doing fine because we might be able to make the money we spent back if we sold the players he signed. Isn't the role of a director of football to improve the performances and successes of the club? Clearly we don't want to waste money on players but we're not trading on the stock market we're trying to win football matches. Director of football not financial director.

Ideally you would like a loan to buy with someone but I'd still take Tomori on loan if he would improve our defence. Gives the youngsters an extra season to develop

He is yes, but i would not be interested in loaning another PL player unless there's a good chance we can keep them if they play well.

Developing a chelsea player a complete waste of time. Very small time thing to do.
Even if we did develop him for Chelsea the chances are Chelsea bin him off for shiny new 40m CB signing is very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.