Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pep-guardiola/spielertransfers/trainer/5672/station_id/128184

I could go through with a fine toothed comb but this proves youre chatting wham and likely on the wind up.

One of the main reasons for Guardiola’s success is also used to beat him with. He made Xavi Iniesta and Busquets central to his Barca team and then made Messi a false 9. No matter what anyone says you can’t replace those players, no matter who you buy. Similar at City he inherited a spine that will probably all have statues outside the Etihad eventually. Kompany Silva Toure Aguero, and he had Fernandinho De Bruyne and Sterling in support. These players are so good it’s almost impossible to replace them. People forget though that before Pep arrived Silva was plying on the wing, Fernandinho wasn’t rated so highly, De Bruyne didn’t really have a proper position and was competing with Silva for the same spots.Pep sorts out these issues, takes legendary players to the highest heights they’ll ever get to, and then his critics pan him when he can’t go out and get a player as good as David Silva or Iniesta in the transfer market. It’s a ridiculous criticism.

He’s spent hundreds of millions on defenders and still has to play the likes of zinchenko and otamendi in defence

The point being ? He inherited Kompany and signed the likes of Laporte and Walker. Plus Zinchenko isn't a bad player. Most managers have success and failures in transfer market, good knows we should know. Fergie wasn't always successful but back to my point that Pep can't be labelled a failure in transfers.

The point being ? He inherited Kompany and signed the likes of Laporte and Walker. Plus Zinchenko isn't a bad player. Most managers have success and failures in transfer market, good knows we should know. Fergie wasn't always successful but back to my point that Pep can't be labelled a failure in transfers.
Point is he’s got a horrendous track record when signing defenders

Laporte doesn’t look half as good without kompant holding his hand, Walker is a pure pace merchant, Alves is a smack head and he was given pique
Yeah, they are pretty poor defensively, which is why they have the fewest goals allowed in the last several years. And lead in goals scored. So basically his chosen players have the best offensive and defensive record in the league, I think thats the goal.

Yeah, they are pretty poor defensively, which is why they have the fewest goals allowed in the last several years. And lead in goals scored. So basically his chosen players have the best offensive and defensive record in the league, I think thats the goal.
Two different points I think. They're a great footballing side, they have a good defensive record because they generally dominate games and you can't get the ball off them. Thats is a good defensive tactic, as good as it gets really. If you do get a bit of the ball though, their actual defence isn't very good. They can be 'got at' if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.