Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing the amount of money Bournemouth are going to recoup for a group of players that got them relegated. Already got £60 million in from Ake and Ramsdale (not bad considering how many goals they conceded?) and potentially looking at another £100m if they let Wilson, King and Brooks go at the prices quoted.

It seems pretty obvious we need out's to enable in's - yet can barely get a sniff. Shows how much harder it is to shift overpaid deadwood from a mid-table team than starters from a relegated one.

sounds like they'll have to build a totally new team ha like you say though, crazy money for a championship team, i hope this isn't the start of having the same select 25 teams in the prem every few years. If teams get relegated and can get so much money from sales, as well as parachute payments they'll find it easy to just come straight back up.

Any RW links?

Could you imagine going into the season with our wide options of:

Iwobi

Bernard

Walcott (who I think is a decent squad player)

Gordon (young so cant put too much pressure on him)

Have I missed anyone?

promo295538037

Years of poor recruitment. Difficult to shift dross. Ake, Ramsdale and arguably Brooks all make our starting XI ! (No lineups required, it's a fact).

Or they’re getting over inflated fees for players who aren’t that good.

Pickford is better than Ramsdale. He’s proven that every season of his career up to now bar the last and will prove that again over the next few years.

We may see Ake filed alongside Mangala in the near future and I haven’t really seen much of Brooks.

Teams with 5 or 6 decent players though don’t get relegated no matter how much rubbish they have as we have found out ourselves. Maybe a few of their players are just over rated.

The leader of consistently the worst defence in the premier league for the last 3 season? Who's about 5'10, concede 70 goals a season, can't jump and is a absolutely terrible defender?

That ake? He walks straight into our team?

Going to have to disagree with you there I'm afraid.

Pickford is better than Ramsdale. He’s proven that every season of his career up to now bar the last and will prove that again over the next few years.

We may see Ake filed alongside Mangala in the near future and I haven’t really seen much of Brooks.

Teams with 5 or 6 decent players though don’t get relegated no matter how much rubbish they have as we have found out ourselves. Maybe a few of their players are just over rated.

I wish that would happen with some of the crap we have.

This will sound strange, but I think Eddie Howe prepared players to play in a style and manner that is easily translated into top teams, but a big weakness for sides looking to make safety. It makes it all the more stupid Bournemouth didn't move some of these players on earlier, and re-invest heavily in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.