Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus creativity........and a goalie
I think people are massively overlooking the fact we have absolutely no creativity in the side. Look at a game like Spurs away, both sides were poor, we were behind for over an hour, and yet we didn't create a single chance in the entire game. Villa at home the midfield didn't actually cause as much of a problem as the game was very open, we had lots of the ball in good areas, but failed to do anything with it because the lack of quality on the ball and absence of any vision or intelligent movement means all we can do is try to put endless crosses in the boxes until something comes from one of them. A competitive midfield is a massive issue for us, but I think it's become so all consuming in people's minds that they've forgotten all the other issues we have.

Any RW links?

Could you imagine going into the season with our wide options of:

Iwobi

Bernard

Walcott (who I think is a decent squad player)

Gordon (young so cant put too much pressure on him)

Have I missed anyone?

I think @Manx Blue is correct.
We have been very timid in midfield and throughout the team generally.
I do think that apart from central midfield we have a good deal of pace in the team, but we are slow and ponderous in how we play and move the ball.
Liverpool do not have a creative midfield and they manage quite well. I do believe a new midfield will transform the team.

We haven’t a clue what to do when we have it though.

Happy to have an industrious midfield but we have to add creativity on the flanks.

I think @Manx Blue is correct.
We have been very timid in midfield and throughout the team generally.
I do think that apart from central midfield we have a good deal of pace in the team, but we are slow and ponderous in how we play and move the ball.
Liverpool do not have a creative midfield and they manage quite well. I do believe a new midfield will transform the team.
Liverpool don't have creativity in the middle of their midfield but they have plenty of it in the team. They play in a specific way which gets the best out of the players they have. I'm a massive fan of Seamus Coleman but if you put him in their team instead of Alexander Arnold it would cause them a huge problem. Not having creative central midfielders is fine. Not having creative central midfielders, or wingers or full backs who can cross, and having strikers who aren't particularly adept at running at people, means that it isn't easy to pinpoint just where you're going to be causing teams problems.

I think people are massively overlooking the fact we have absolutely no creativity in the side. Look at a game like Spurs away, both sides were poor, we were behind for over an hour, and yet we didn't create a single chance in the entire game. Villa at home the midfield didn't actually cause as much of a problem as the game was very open, we had lots of the ball in good areas, but failed to do anything with it because the lack of quality on the ball and absence of any vision or intelligent movement means all we can do is try to put endless crosses in the boxes until something comes from one of them. A competitive midfield is a massive issue for us, but I think it's become so all consuming in people's minds that they've forgotten all the other issues we have.
The RS demonstrate that you can have a creativity without it necessarily coming from midfield.
I am all for pace and power being introduced into midfield but with the exception of Digne it is difficult to see where we would create chances.

Pace and aggression in the midfield. Far too often, we were either tepid in the middle or simply had to bypass it/them with long balls over the top.

You would hope DCL and Richarlison would get much more support and freedom up front, while the defence could be confident of not being exposed regularly.

That's why central midfielders and a winger are so vital for us to push on, and they could be the catalyst to actually see us playing well.

I honestly think sort centre mid out the boost that’ll give to the side will be greater than the sum addition if that makes sense ? The midfield was so poor it took from the attack and defence .

Status
Not open for further replies.