Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can plunder the celts next year Mikey for Ntcham and French Eddie. Not this season though need to get the 10.

I think they'd let Forrest go without us having to break the bank

They've still got time to replace him and the transfer fee wouldn't go amiss for them

I don't think we'd have to offer him too much contract wise either and it'd be the biggest move of his career

Makes sense to me and he'd suit a 4-3-3 well, especially if we make the other signings we need to

If we can get Walcott and Bolasie off the books then we have space for Forrest and he'd be a better option than them I think

James Forrest ? Disgusting shout.

Good player, would provide a role we need on the wing, can also play wing back in a pinch, has experience playing in Europe, experienced pro who we could easily plug in and wage wise he wouldn't break the bank. I also don't think Celtic would destroy us on a transfer fee either

Worth a punt IMO, especially if we can move the likes of Bolasie and Walcott on. He offers more than them right now and would take up a fraction of the space on the wage bill, freeing us up to focus more on other areas.

Admired him for 2-3 years now and I'd love us to take a chance on him. I'm confident I would be proven correct. I don't put my head on the block often with players from Scotland, but when I do I'm normally right

I think they'd let Forrest go without us having to break the bank

They've still got time to replace him and the transfer fee wouldn't go amiss for them

I don't think we'd have to offer him too much contract wise either and it'd be the biggest move of his career

Makes sense to me and he'd suit a 4-3-3 well, especially if we make the other signings we need to

If we can get Walcott and Bolasie off the books then we have space for Forrest and he'd be a better option than them I think
Still not for me Mikey not Forrest.

Doucoure with Allan and maybe Gomes in the middle with Richarlison, DCL/Kean and maybe someone like James Forrest up top would make us a different proposition entirely I think
Good god not Forrest.

I'm generally not one for wish listing, but if we were able to get Allan and Doucoure (who might not be my first choice, but is still a big step up from our current central midfield) and the rumours of interest in Leon Bailey (or Ocampos) were true... that could be a pretty interesting midfield/forward unit.

But the point still stands doesn't it. It's weird when people act like it's unreasonable for fans to expect players to come in and have an impact. It's not unreasonable at all, it's normal. If we sign a 21/22 year old midfielder who can't get into the side, has disciplinary issues, and struggles to make an impact when they get on the pitch, then yes, people will question it. If we sign one who does a competent job while hinting at having the ability to do more as they develop then people won't. There's no conspiracy or anything, people just want the team to get better and want evidence that it's happening.

Signing Doucoure and Allan would seem like a bit of overkill on the 'do a job for a few years' front, particularly when we already have Gomes, Delph etc. If thats the way the club want to go then so be it, but i'd agree that personally i'd rather it was one of them and a younger player with more long term value to the club.
The problem is I don't think we can afford more Kean signings or taking the risk of someone will this young lad be able to perform straight away or not, We kind of need stable players here and now until our finances are a bit better and people on high wages are gone which is why Doucoure is more preferred over some 21/22 high ceiling midfielder. Kean will always split opinions and of course you can voice concerns while still supporting him but I'm personally not gonna look too deep into it he doesn't make an instant impact in his first season even with off field issues.

Good god not Forrest.

I'm generally not one for wish listing, but if we were able to get Allan and Doucoure (who might not be my first choice, but is still a big step up from our current central midfield) and the rumours of interest in Leon Bailey (or Ocampos) were true... that could be a pretty interesting midfield/forward unit.

I doesn’t matter who we buy because every one of them nailed on gets injured in the first 24 hours of the season. Obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.