Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are desperate for some experienced leaders in our team to replace the experienced cowards we have.

Don’t get the moaning about ages, if we had a whole starting 11 of young promising players we would not improve short term and the same people would moan about that.

Carlo knows what he needs and wants.
Think we may see a bid to get Silva in from PSG after the CL final on Sunday. Leader on a free I believe and certainly doesn't look past it. Makes sense to bring him on in a year deal with chance of a second unless he gets a better offer elsewhere.

Spending £80m will see us seriously challenge for European places.
If only it was that easy. Spending money doesn't guarantee results.In the last couple of windows we've spent in excess of £100m on Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Gbamin & Delph. Where was the European challenge?

This is what we did with Kean and people slaughtered Brands to bits.
They didn't though did they? They didn't do that at all in fact. Kean's signing was met with the most overwhelmingly positive response to a signing we've made since Lukaku. People thought it was an absolute masterstroke. Unfortunately he made virtually no impact last season and so people started to question it. Hopefully he can put those questions to bed next season, but it's not exactly unreasonable to ask for Brands to be able to find a couple of players who will both get better over time and be good enough to get in the side in the short term.

Outbounds are as ever, more important at this stage. For once, I’m largely happy with the names we’re linked with from credible sources.

Allan
Doucouré
Arias
Ocampos (Ornstein is pretty reliable even if I don’t think it will happen)
Throw in a loan for Tobido
IF we shift some bums, 8mil for Butland and that’s an incredible window for incomings

But many of those are so dependent on outgoings. We simply need to sell JJK, Delph, Bernard as a minimum. JJK for the FFP boost and the others due to wages. We’d all love to sell Sig but it’s so difficult given his fee.I would sell Tom if someone came in for him even if it hurts a bit. If someone comes in for Keane I would sell but I’m not chomping on the bit to get rid of him yet. It would need to be a good offer. So sick of selling our players for peanuts or loans.

We need improvements right now, I’m happy to build for the future once the present isn’t a total shambles.
All good mate but not Butland

I took this as a direct plea for rep.

Makes no odds to me Panjo, my life isn't crying out for adulation. I just dont like endless lists of potential signings in addition to current squad lists and lists for the sake of lists. But thanks for the rep.

If only it was that easy. Spending money doesn't guarantee results.In the last couple of windows we've spent in excess of £100m on Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Gbamin & Delph. Where was the European challenge?
To be fair the last three were played around 20% of the possible games between them.

in
Doucoure - £25m
Allen - Loan (with an obligation to buy)
Florenzi - Loan
Thiago Silva - Free
Zaha - £40m + Iwobi
Ocampos - £30m (total guess but heck this is all a bit of fun)
£95Million spent

Out
Gylfi - £15m
Davies - £10-15m
Sandro - £5m
Bernard - £25m
Delph - £5m
one of Keane or Mina - Potentially £25m
Bolaise - a box of Jaffacakes and a kitkat chunky.
Potentially £90m back in and some snacks
Net spend £5million!!

Boom! this football manager lark is easy.
Now to solve world peace

Status
Not open for further replies.