Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good mate but not Butland
Yeah that was more of an example, his form has been horrendous for a while but for 8 million it’s one to consider. If he recaptures old form he’s ahead of Pickford but it’s difficult to get competent back up for a low price

Ocampos would be an excellent signing. Can't see it happening though.

I would like to see us sign one or two players on loan with option to buy, maybe Todibo and Arias.

Also interested in who will actually leave this summer. Would love to see Davies and Delph go, and possibly Bernard because of his wages. We need to recoup some cash on those. Can see Kenny go especially if we bring in Arias.

If only it was that easy. Spending money doesn't guarantee results.In the last couple of windows we've spent in excess of £100m on Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Gbamin & Delph. Where was the European challenge?
You're right of course. There's no guarantee of anything. Our bad luck with injuries and refereeing decisions could very easily continue into next season.

I'm trying to remain positive in the midst of so much negativity on here, and the law of averages says our luck will change. We were 10 points off qualifying for Europe last season and we dropped 17 points against the bottom 4 teams, so it isn't hard to see how we can turn that around.

I don't normally bet on Everton as I'm quite superstitious, but if we do spend £80m in the current window I would rather put my money on us challenging for Europe, rather than challenging for 12th place.

They didn't though did they? They didn't do that at all in fact. Kean's signing was met with the most overwhelmingly positive response to a signing we've made since Lukaku. People thought it was an absolute masterstroke. Unfortunately he made virtually no impact last season and so people started to question it. Hopefully he can put those questions to bed next season, but it's not exactly unreasonable to ask for Brands to be able to find a couple of players who will both get better over time and be good enough to get in the side in the short term.
His signing was met with positive reactions yes but people are kicking off because he hasn't hit the ground running or solidified himself in the team that was my point in regards to SecondComing saying we should sign a young midfielder with a high ceiling some adapt quicker some don't and that's the risk you have with foreign talent compared to someone like Doucoure who alright isn't the highest ceiling but it's proven he can do a standard job in the Premiership. I would have liked Kean to do better as well but I'm not gonna fume about it, We can certainly play the long game with Kean if needed due to his age.

Yeah that was more of an example, his form has been horrendous for a while but for 8 million it’s one to consider. If he recaptures old form he’s ahead of Pickford but it’s difficult to get competent back up for a low price
Before we got Pickford I really wanted Sergi Rico. He was outstanding at Sevilla same age and is only on loan at Psg(after just checking) after failed stint in premiership don't know his price now and didn't even know he was at Psg until last week but he was unreal at Sevilla.

Before we got Pickford I really wanted Sergi Rico. He was outstanding at Sevilla same age and is only on loan at Psg(after just checking) after failed stint in premiership don't know his price now and didn't even know he was at Psg until last week but he was unreal at Sevilla.
Top keeper he is

Doucoure with Allan and maybe Gomes in the middle with Richarlison, DCL/Kean and maybe someone like James Forrest up top would make us a different proposition entirely I think
We can plunder the celts next year Mikey for Ntcham and French Eddie. Not this season though need to get the 10.

Wasn't he badly gash at Fulham tho?

Still remember the clown gifting the RS a late goal at Craven Cottage

His signing was met with positive reactions yes but people are kicking off because he hasn't hit the ground running or solidified himself in the team that was my point in regards to SecondComing saying we should sign a young midfielder with a high ceiling some adapt quicker some don't and that's the risk you have with foreign talent compared to someone like Doucoure who alright isn't the highest ceiling but it's proven he can do a standard job in the Premiership. I would have liked Kean to do better as well but I'm not gonna fume about it, We can certainly play the long game with Kean if needed due to his age.
But the point still stands doesn't it. It's weird when people act like it's unreasonable for fans to expect players to come in and have an impact. It's not unreasonable at all, it's normal. If we sign a 21/22 year old midfielder who can't get into the side, has disciplinary issues, and struggles to make an impact when they get on the pitch, then yes, people will question it. If we sign one who does a competent job while hinting at having the ability to do more as they develop then people won't. There's no conspiracy or anything, people just want the team to get better and want evidence that it's happening.

Signing Doucoure and Allan would seem like a bit of overkill on the 'do a job for a few years' front, particularly when we already have Gomes, Delph etc. If thats the way the club want to go then so be it, but i'd agree that personally i'd rather it was one of them and a younger player with more long term value to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.