Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think we need Yarmalenko now, Lennon has that position sewn up for me. Every game played....MOTM performance says it all. When / If Lennon has a few bad games we have Deulofeu to return with something to prove, Nope for me we have to strengthen on the left and it has to be an attacking midfielder. With peoples knowledge of foreign teams, Wont someone please reel off some names so I can do my summer transfer posh toilet youtube tissue using work break (phew) !! or the "S.T.P.T.Y.T.B"

Before Lennon became top notch id have said Yarmolenko and Deulofeu swapping sides during games like man utd used to do...both offer different threats to the full backs. Now though hes playing Cleverley left i think he will go for a Pienaar type. I like Bernardo Silva and think he would be brillianr for us there threading passes for lukaku and barkley a real playmaker.

However, i agree with others that we will be in for yarmolenko again.

Before Lennon became top notch id have said Yarmolenko and Deulofeu swapping sides during games like man utd used to do...both offer different threats to the full backs. Now though hes playing Cleverley left i think he will go for a Pienaar type. I like Bernardo Silva and think he would be brillianr for us there threading passes for lukaku and barkley a real playmaker.

However, i agree with others that we will be in for yarmolenko again.

Non champions league teams are not afforded the opportunity to sign players of yarmelenko's quality very often & if the opportunity presents itself we should move heaven & earth to make it happen.

Appreciate he plays in a postion were well stocked in but he could be the difference.

Where do you think he would have played if we signed him last summer and where would he fit in now ?

Martinez must have a plan where to play him and id guess left side and swap across during games but if thats the case then its odd hes not tried deulofeu at LW.

I'd have thought that he would have started on the right mate, that is what makes sense, but martinez has a habit of not always playing people in their most familiar positions - with mixed results, so who knows really, pretty sure that no one expected Deulofeu to be as productive so early on as he was or for Lennon to have as much of an impact as he has done either, both though need to show that form over a longer period than 7-8 games to make thoughts Yarmolenko wouldn't be a huge upgrade on either of them go away.

My belief is martinez is buying a mix atm - some signigns for very specific roles and some who you'd term utility signings

Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy, Funes Mori, Alcaraz would be the ones i'd class as for specific roles

Cleverley, Naisse, Kone, Lennon, Eto'o would be the ones i classed as utility signings Besic, Deulofeu, Galloway would be the ones i classed as signing them with an eye on changing the position they naturally play - easier due to age ofc.

so long term we'd be left with 7-8 players settled into a natural position then 3-4 players who can change around to alter the way the team plays and sets itself up depending on the nature of the opponent - injuries etc

I'd have thought that he would have started on the right mate, that is what makes sense, but martinez has a habit of not always playing people in their most familiar positions - with mixed results, so who knows really, pretty sure that no one expected Deulofeu to be as productive so early on as he was or for Lennon to have as much of an impact as he has done either, both though need to show that form over a longer period than 7-8 games to make thoughts Yarmolenko wouldn't be a huge upgrade on either of them go away.

My belief is martinez is buying a mix atm - some signigns for very specific roles and some who you'd term utility signings

Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy, Funes Mori, Alcaraz would be the ones i'd class as for specific roles

Cleverley, Naisse, Kone, Lennon, Eto'o would be the ones i classed as utility signings Besic, Deulofeu, Galloway would be the ones i classed as signing them with an eye on changing the position they naturally play - easier due to age ofc.

so long term we'd be left with 7-8 players settled into a natural position then 3-4 players who can change around to alter the way the team plays and sets itself up depending on the nature of the opponent - injuries etc

Mostly agree but would say the older players and mcgesdy / kone were signed as short term stopgaps while he waited for more funds to be allotted to him.

I think his model has been to sign the best young players he can with the money and then develop them + use the remaining funds for stopgaps.

This summer will be interesting if he continues going for the young + stopgaps OR focuses on Yarmolenko types coming into their peak.

If we signed yarmolenko i wonder what other position other than keeper would warrant a big money signing?

Southampton aren't gonna sell to us mate, they see us as their rivals do that'd be a step back

They would sell for the right price but Virgil wouldnt be a target as hes a LCB and we already have Mori with Galloway coming through. I think if we were to sign any centre back it would be a RCB to take over from Jagielka gradually...or someone who can play RB as well but very defensive --opposite of coleman i guess.

Jack Butland, Yarmelenko and Virgil Van Dijk, please

We'll batter everyone like chip shop cod!
Really wish people would let Butland go. Butland would cost well in excess of 30m with this TV money. He's British and at a Premier League club that is going to be absolutely awash with cash. Its essentially the same as Stoke saying 'get Barkley in this summer, we're sorted!'. You're saying there isn't one keeper in the entire world who would be as good as him (or better) that we couldn't get for less?

I think we need in the following order!

A top class keeper with potential to massively grow: Horn/Leno.

A top class replacement for Pienaar: not sure who - might be one of the only ones not totally sold on Yarmolenko.

A good right back to push Coleman (needs competition been his poorest season for me: ?

A top class centre mid: No idea.

Then replace whoever goes (from the first team if any) with good players, not using the money to spend on loads of crap like the RS

Agree with all of that mate.

Bonavnetura is the player I will keep pedalling (not that it has any effect like) for that left sided playmaker. He's top class.

Centre mid is the only one I don't think we need to spend big on. McCarthy, Besic, Barry, Cleverley, Barkley. Five players who play/can play there well.

Get all of our other targets in first and then bring in a midfielder who isn't gonna cost the world but has a lot of potential.

Cook from Leeds, as @Zatara mentioned, would be a decent option there I feel.

Mandanda (from Marseille)/Robles
Coleman/Arias (from PSV)
Stones/Jagielka
Funes Mori/N'Koulou (from Marseille)
Baines/Oviedo
Barry/McCarthy
Herrera (from MU)/Besic
Yarmolenko (from Dynamo)/Deulofeu
Bernardo Silva (from Monaco)/Cleverley
Barkley/Lennon
Lukaku/Niasse
+ Galloway, Ledson, Walsh, Dowell, Tarashaj

Agree with all of that mate.

Bonavnetura is the player I will keep pedalling (not that it has any effect like) for that left sided playmaker. He's top class.

Centre mid is the only one I don't think we need to spend big on. McCarthy, Besic, Barry, Cleverley, Barkley. Five players who play/can play there well.

Get all of our other targets in first and then bring in a midfielder who isn't gonna cost the world but has a lot of potential.

Cook from Leeds, as @Zatara mentioned, would be a decent option there I feel.

Aye think only the midfielder issue is what we prob disagree on, but thats sound we can't all be right hahahaha only messing.

Bonaventura is a good player - wouldn't mind taking a punt on him. Cook is a decent option - if, and its still a massive if, we win the cup and get into Europe, still think we should bring the likes of him in to 1) fill places of the likes of gibson et al who should be on the way out, and 2) to manage the demands of europe better.

to be fair i said that when stoke were trying to buy shaqiri and bojan and palace were trying to buy cabaye and west ham were trying to buy payet etc.

True.

But Shaqiri hadn't impressed for a struggling Inter side.

Bojan had been shipped out on loan everywhere and injuries looked to have stalled his progress.

Payet was at Marseille who needed the cash and was probably right to be the 'big player in a small pond'

Isco is genuine world class. I highly doubt he'd come here or that we'd even attempt to go for him.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love it to happen. But it won't.

Aye think only the midfielder issue is what we prob disagree on, but thats sound we can't all be right hahahaha only messing.

Bonaventura is a good player - wouldn't mind taking a punt on him. Cook is a decent option - if, and its still a massive if, we win the cup and get into Europe, still think we should bring the likes of him in to 1) fill places of the likes of gibson et al who should be on the way out, and 2) to manage the demands of europe better.

Agree mate.

A lot depends on if we get into Europe, obviously.

And, also, if Stones or/and Rom leave

Status
Not open for further replies.