Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably won't ever play a game for us

Which is why it's weird we are going to pay handsomely to sit on his arse, couldn't a kid just be called up on the slight off chance hes ever needed?

The arl feller hasn't played a single premier league game in his life and last played a championship game 4 years ago so I have no idea what he brings.
He will be paid handsomely by normal person terms, but I’d be surprised if he’d be on more than 2-3k a week.

He’s cover in an emergency. That’s what he brings. He’s there so if for any reason our 1st and 2nd choice keepers get injured (and we aren’t in/near a transfer window) he could come in a game or 2 max.

experience is the key. He’s played 400 games in his career, albeit at lower league level. He won’t have an ego and will know his role. He might even be able to give Pickford a pointer or 2 on the mental side of the game or positioning or something else. You never know.

He also knows the area. A great bit of business!

CBA to see if anyone else has pulled you up on this, but you HAVE to be joking.

Lingard's spell at WHU proved that he is a lazy waster. He could have played like that for the bulk of his career at ManU but he didn't. Why? Because he had a fat, comfortable contract and zero self-motivation or professionalism. He only made an effort at West Ham because:

a) He was aware that ManU won't be renewing his contract
b) It was a loan move
c) He wanted to try to get into the England squad

He was CLEARLY trying to attract a new employer. If a club was stupid enough to buy Lingard now, they'd get the same lazy turd who faded into obscurity at ManU. That's what he does when he gets a long-term contract.

Would I take him on loan until January? Yes. But I don't want an obligation to buy, I don't want a loan fee and I don't want to pay more than £30k per week for him. Let ManU continue to pay for their recruitment error.
Interesting take on things.

Not sure you can say anything was proved except in the right system he’s clearly a very effective footballer. My mate who supports West Ham loves him and is desperate they sign him.

I don’t remember United once setting up with him as their focal point which I would say is probably why he was pretty rubbish for them.

Virginia is likely leaving us, him going out on loan only benefits us to the tune of 50% of his wages being paid by somebody else, which is immediately counteracted by us giving those wages to Andy Lonergan. If we'd sold Virginia and weren't paying him anything then maybe I could make some sense of it but we're not. I'd have much rather given a youngster a try and let Lonergan try his luck elsewhere.
Guess the only thing would be if there is any kind of loan fee involved. But you would imagine not, as he can't be on much money.

He’s replacing an injured academy player Tyrer, who was going to be our 3rd choice
People keep saying this and I am sure that Tyrer is injured but how bad is this injury, I can't find any info on it other than a bland statement that he is injured. Unless he is injured for 2 months or more, I'm sure we could have managed.

He probably won't ever play a game for us

Which is why it's weird we are going to pay handsomely to sit on his arse, couldn't a kid just be called up on the slight off chance hes ever needed?

The arl feller hasn't played a single premier league game in his life and last played a championship game 4 years ago so I have no idea what he brings.

He’ll be on pennies (compared to footballers). He’s 3rd/4th choice, literally every team in football has a keeper like him.

We’ve brought him in to cover a kid who’s injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.