Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
However in what are relatively shorter careers, the extra money can make their lives and the lives of their families more comfortable and arguably more secure.

While it is frustrating as a fan of the club, looking at it objectively I can appreciate why they may act like they do as ultimately it's a job - a means to an ends.

Players like Delph for example don't be appear to be characters who are going to be overly bothered by the pride factor e.g. wanting first team football.

He's not had to move house when he moved from City, his family will be comfortable and he is earning a wage to fund the rest of his life. Why would he leave?

By the way, I am not arguing that it's the right thing to do just that I can understand their mentality. I'd want to be enjoying my job!
I totally agree. It was shocking to see Beningame was on £8 a week while doing nothing for the first team. Counter that with others here who are on 100K per week and also doing nothing. They are on tens of millions per year, surely they can manage to live off that for the rest of their lives whilst stepping down and earing "only" 50-70k per week else where. I also agree that is not their fault, we offered them the stupid sums of money, of course they will take it, I just think that, if it were me, I would want to play at all costs and would rather move elsewhere on less pay in order to do so.

Glad to read "next summer we'll be okay on the transfer front" after selling DCL, Richarlison and Kean.

Fabulous...

7th highest wages in the league

3rd highest net spend of £55mil a season while hundreds of millions behind top 4 squad value.

Hardly earth shattering investment in the squad.

He'd be an ideal rotation option for James.

Who went to Leicester for £12mil? All i could think of was Gray £3.7mil from Birmingham...€2mil to Leverkusen and €2mil to everton...

£7.1mil in total fees for a multi team flop....is.that who you meant for £12mil?

Also, you strengthen the bench by signing 1st eleven starters...then the players they replace drop to the bench.

You certainly dont strengthen it by adding players who dont provide competition to the first 11.

Never normally reply to multi quoted posts as I normally lose interest after line four.

You just don’t get it do you, over 600 million spent and wages at 87% of turnover, and yet that’s not enough?

You provide so much information about absolute bubbles! Players we won’t sign, but you think we should because they played well in the under 12’s in France.

We have addressed a problem with bench which we cannot do with present squad players as proved last season.

There will be in’s as we have saved wages, but we need to sell for transfer fees, you know run a business correctly within the rules!

Suggest that you actually take on board other people’s options instead of this unknown fantasy you have that you are always correct?

This forum is just bonkers at this stage . Lads putting up scenarios and other lads having a go at them lol . Truth is since Brands has come into the club very little if anything is leaked out. Wait till 1st of September and then release the fume !! . No one seen Gray signing coming and if you did let us know what the lotto numbers are . The echo I’d suggest knows as much as we do . We as fans really like a moan . Often wonder are we the worst fans for it !! Regardless come Saturday week and the teams are walking out to the siren / z cars every evertonian is behind the team, and if your not well maybe you need to review things !!

But this is the club fault, buying crap. Don't blame the players for not leaving for less money. It's a short career.
There is a big part of me that agrees that you can’t blame the players for taking the big wages while they sit on their hands. It is a short career but it is a very lucrative one. The players we need rid of are earning £40,000, £50,000 plus per week, they are well set up for life in a short period of time. If they were to move on they are not stacking the shelves in ASDA, they would still earn substantial money in the Championship or abroad. Part of me thinks because it is a short career they should be making the most of their opportunities to play.
I suppose the simple answer is that the clubs should be run properly and these difficulties wouldn’t arise, we seem to be masters at how not to do transfers and we look to be about to repeat our past mistakes with another couple of panic buys close to deadline day.

Never normally reply to multi quoted posts as I normally lose interest after line four.

You just don’t get it do you, over 600 million spent and wages at 87% of turnover, and yet that’s not enough?

You provide so much information about absolute bubbles! Players we won’t sign, but you think we should because they played well in the under 12’s in France.

We have addressed a problem with bench which we cannot do with present squad players as proved last season.

There will be in’s as we have saved wages, but we need to sell for transfer fees, you know run a business correctly within the rules!

Suggest that you actually take on board other people’s options instead of this unknown fantasy you have that you are always correct?

I dont normally reply to posters who lack intelligence...

Total market value of departures = 29.3 mill.

Everton received = 900k.

Standard.
29mil looks optimistic for those players if they were still under contract. They were all out of contract though, so their estimated value is 0.

Only Bernard went for less than his value, but if only one club wanted him, he wanted out and we wanted him out, there's not much you can do.

It’s a well informed guess however given the figures are freely available and Benitez actually said as much on his appointment.
We are perilously close to breaching PL financial rules, that is an inarguable fact.
It seems we have been here many times before over the last few decades with the club forewarning fans that we won’t be spending big and people ignoring the information only to be disappointed when the window closes.
Only difference is that this time it isn’t that we lack financial backing it’s just that we are prevented from accessing it due to previous poor judgment.
We won't know that until the window is closed.
I remember hearing the same argument last year.

When did Mina become our best defender?
I keep seeing some people saying this and I just don't see it.
He has scored some valuable goals in his time but he makes far too many basic silly defending mistakes in my opinion.
Totally agreed, seems a nice enough guy but he has a mistake in him, if he is our best defender all the rest of them must be diabolical

We won't know that until the window is closed.
I remember hearing the same argument last year.
We never heard the same argument last year. We just had the Esk saying we can't attend anything as he does every single summer. The majority of the fanbase knew we'd spend

Thus summer is different, we must sell if we want to make any significant purchases and that's a fact.

I dont normally reply to posters who lack intelligence...
Rude that zat.

even more so because he is correct, we spend far too much on wages, we’ve spent far too much on transfer fees. You’ve said yourself we need to be spending more net than we have to compete again the top teams in the league but we can’t spend anymore than we already have without breaking financial rules. despite having a rich owner, one thing we don’t have and we’re so far away from having is the big teams turnover and the spending ability long term that comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.