Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference does it make?

Either way we can't improve the team
It makes a huge difference (other than being completely different).
If we were broke, we would not be able to buy players at all, as we are not broke but cannot spend, we CAN buy players once we get rid of half of this crap squad.

It makes a huge difference (other than being completely different).
If we were broke, we would not be able to buy players at all, as we are not broke but cannot spend, we CAN buy players once we get rid of half of this crap squad.
You have hit the nail squarel on the head. We need to get rid of the players who are not good enough and there in lies the problem. We couldn’t give most of them away. They are on big wages here and are nowhere near good enough to earn anywhere near those amounts anywhere else. Fair play to Bernard for moving on but I don’t see too many more prepared to go to lesser clubs for much less money. The club is has been suffering the effects of silly transfers for a few years now and it looks like we a a few more years to go.

You have hit the nail squarel on the head. We need to get rid of the players who are not good enough and there in lies the problem. We couldn’t give most of them away. They are on big wages here and are nowhere near good enough to earn anywhere near those amounts anywhere else. Fair play to Bernard for moving on but I don’t see too many more prepared to go to lesser clubs for much less money. The club is has been suffering the effects of silly transfers for a few years now and it looks like we a a few more years to go.

But this is the club fault, buying crap. Don't blame the players for not leaving for less money. It's a short career.

It’s so frustrating, imagine if we’d spent the money well, we’d by right up there.

Replace Mina? Ok troglodyte let's keep big fat Keane clogging up our defence
You’ve got the wrong end of the stick here pal.

Mina would be replaced as he is the “starter” in the equation. Keane is beneath that in terms of not needing to be replaced, simply sold.

We have Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite and Gibson all capable of playing centre back. Add in a top quality starter there in place of Mina and that is very healthy indeed.

Agreed, but there must be an element of pride. Sit on the bench earning millions or move on, play and earn less millions
However in what are relatively shorter careers, the extra money can make their lives and the lives of their families more comfortable and arguably more secure.

While it is frustrating as a fan of the club, looking at it objectively I can appreciate why they may act like they do as ultimately it's a job - a means to an ends.

Players like Delph for example don't be appear to be characters who are going to be overly bothered by the pride factor e.g. wanting first team football.

He's not had to move house when he moved from City, his family will be comfortable and he is earning a wage to fund the rest of his life. Why would he leave?

By the way, I am not arguing that it's the right thing to do just that I can understand their mentality. I'd want to be enjoying my job!

He might. My concern is that he's not currently getting better. He's played 2 and a half seasons as a first team regular and is more or less the same player that started out. If our plan is just to have him play on the left and bomb crosses at DCL I'm not really sure there's anything to suggest he's going to be more than the guy he was at Burnley. That's what he's doing now so what are we going to be developing that they aren't?
Logic would dictate he would get better due to his age and playing with better players though.

Status
Not open for further replies.