Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like Mina is one of the "we think he is better than he actually is" players. We do it with loads of our squad, they go from hero to zero almost weekly. There were times early last season where it was claimed in here the Kean was our best CB, then Godfrey was future England captain and now Mina. If often tallies with periods when they have not actually played for a while or on the back of one great game. Same with DCL,Richie,Allan (was regarded as a real player for before CHristmas) etc etc.

Basically, string two good games together in Royal blue and we love you again

I mean.. does he?

This is also something that I happen to see a lot about Yerry Mina. In his first season here he made a couple of notable gaffs, admittedly, but that seems to have earned him a rep as a bit of a donkey with some. He's been sound for the last 18 months at least.

For me it's not the obvious gaffes that are the problem. His positioning isn't very good and he leaves big holes in defence. Unfortunately he hasn't got the pace to make up for it either. To compensate we've got to sit deep and have lots of protection in front of the back line.

If a better defender was available and we had a buyer for him, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I think if kane and Grealish go this will start a big domino effect and someone might come in for one of our players

Can't see it this season but Richarlison will likely attract interest next summer from clubs overseas.

When Cavani leaves Utd I think Ole will be sniffing around DCL as well.

It feels like Mina is one of the "we think he is better than he actually is" players. We do it with loads of our squad, they go from hero to zero almost weekly. There were times early last season where it was claimed in here the Kean was our best CB, then Godfrey was future England captain and now Mina. If often tallies with periods when they have not actually played for a while or on the back of one great game. Same with DCL,Richie,Allan (was regarded as a real player for before CHristmas) etc etc.

Basically, string two good games together in Royal blue and we love you again

Mina's record is actually very good though. When we played with him in the team, we would have finished 3rd in the league last season (very close to 2nd). He's actually really underrated.

I think Godfrey has great potential, but probably a bit overrated.

Mina's record is actually very good though. When we played with him in the team, we would have finished 3rd in the league last season (very close to 2nd). He's actually really underrated.

I think Godfrey has great potential, but probably a bit overrated.
He never really stands out to me, I never really think of him as dominating a player or game. Stats say other wise, s perhaps I am missing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.