Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
....probably a little like comparing apples with pears. I understand the Iwobi frustration and I posted myself about Pereira, but I think he’d be more in competition with Rodriguez and Sigurdsson.

My answer to your question would be: “because we have Rodriguez & Sigurdsson”.

Both are on big bucks. Pereira might arguably be more effective than both (given his age and injury record) but I suspect one of those would need to leave before we took a punt.
I thought that pereira was more of a right winger cutting in on his left rather than a central player? Stylistically can see similarities with both but wonder if could play with JR or siggy as a 10 and pereira to the right?

I started doing that and concluded that he is so average that he would fit I really well at Goodison.
As for McNeil I haven't a clue if he is decent and simply isn't given licence to play by Dyche or is completely over hyped.

Not been impressed. He started well but has faded. Almost scored a nice goal tbf

Anguissa looked busy for Fulham tonight.

He was unlucky with a few good shots and he seemed to positive in terms of his passing but I didn't see a £25m player.

Everton are set to spend significant funds in the transfer market this summer, as Carlo Ancelotti eyes major upgrades in two positions, according to Football Insider.

What's the latest news on Everton's transfer plans?

The Toffees are keen to prioritise signing a right winger and a centre-back in the upcoming transfer window as they look to build on their promising 2020/21 campaign.

It is understood that Ancelotti is not currently satisfied with his options on the right flank, with Richarlison and Alex Iwobi more suited to the left wing, and James Rodriguez playing more centrally as the season has progressed.

The veteran coach also wants to bring in a central defender who can become a leader at the back for the team.

I really rate Maddison and Tielemans is fine but what is crucial is they fit together really well
Maddison overrated for me, yes Leicester wouid make money if they sold him, but he’s not in the same league as mount, Grealish abs foden, players he’s been mentioned With and apparently competing with for an England spot.

Tielemans is a good player, but he cost 40mil and still has a way To go to justify that price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.