Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are set to spend significant funds in the transfer market this summer, as Carlo Ancelotti eyes major upgrades in two positions, according to Football Insider.

What's the latest news on Everton's transfer plans?

The Toffees are keen to prioritise signing a right winger and a centre-back in the upcoming transfer window as they look to build on their promising 2020/21 campaign.

It is understood that Ancelotti is not currently satisfied with his options on the right flank, with Richarlison and Alex Iwobi more suited to the left wing, and James Rodriguez playing more centrally as the season has progressed.

The veteran coach also wants to bring in a central defender who can become a leader at the back for the team.

As immense as Seamus was yesterday, I find it hard to believe that RB isn’t the number one priority position for next season.

Small sample size but i wasn't convinced that Allan and Doucoure worked particularly well together to be honest. Probably the best they'd looked was the 20 minutes or whatever it was at Leicester in the game Allan got injured. There's nothing wrong with either of them individually, but they seemed a little too similar and so didn't appear to complement each other that well.
We have only lost four league games this season in which Allan and Doucoure have both played at the same time. In every other loss (seven) at least one of them has been missing. We've only drawn two league games in which Allan and Doucoure have both played: every other draw (five) has taken place with at least one of them absent. Half of our wins have come when both of them have played.

In other words, our win / draw / lose ratio WITH both of them available is 8 / 2 / 4.... with at least one of them missing it's 8 / 5 / 7.

In the previous season our midfield was absolutely abysmal, and Allan and Doucoure became our two best midfielders the moment they arrived. The results suffer when one (or both) of them is absent. If the club has an ounce of sense they will go out and sign a marquee CM this summer. Phillips from Leeds to sit as the six would be ideal IF we could get him for £30m, but some of the other names that have been mentioned in previous pages would also be very good provided they can play as the more defensive of three midfielders in a 4-3-3, allowing Allan and Doucoure to play box-to-box.

We need to sign two CMs to give our midfield some strength in depth. Both need to be younger than Doucoure and Allan and one of them needs to be able to play as a six / DM at a standard far better than anyone else we have at the club. If we can strengthen the midfield in this way, we will kick on and achieve better things next season.

Given that we have a Dutch DoF and an Italian Coach famous world over why would we be fishing around the Premier relegation teams - unless there is a gem there on the cheap. Surely we should be looking to the Euro leagues and S America. Brands to attract the up and coming kids and Carlo to attract the seasoned pro's.

We can all argue endlessly about who we'd like to see the club bid for, but let's look at the other side of the coin for a moment: the existing players we're like to see gone.

Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott are all out of contract on June 30th 2021. It is utterly inconceivable at this stage that any of them will get a fresh contract here.

Olsen's loan deal ends on June 30th 2021. I can't see him wanting to come back.

King's deal expires on June 30th 2021. I'd be surprised if he wanted to renew.

That's six players leaving, of which only two need replacing.

I think we'd all be happy to see Baningime, Bernard, Delph, Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Kenny and Tosun sold too. Of those eight, only Iwobi, Gomes and Kean have contracts beyond 2022 so five of them will go for pretty low fees. Nevertheless, the savings on wages will be huge.

If all fourteen went, how many new faces would we realistically NEED to bring in? It's scary to think how much dead weight we STILL have at the club!

We can all argue endlessly about who we'd like to see the club bid for, but let's look at the other side of the coin for a moment: the existing players we're like to see gone.

Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott are all out of contract on June 30th 2021. It is utterly inconceivable at this stage that any of them will get a fresh contract here.

Olsen's loan deal ends on June 30th 2021. I can't see him wanting to come back.

King's deal expires on June 30th 2021. I'd be surprised if he wanted to renew.

That's six players leaving, of which only two need replacing.

I think we'd all be happy to see Baningime, Bernard, Delph, Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Kenny and Tosun sold too. Of those eight, only Iwobi, Gomes and Kean have contracts beyond 2022 so five of them will go for pretty low fees. Nevertheless, the savings on wages will be huge.

If all fourteen went, how many new faces would we realistically NEED to bring in? It's scary to think how much dead weight we STILL have at the club!
Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virginia (UA)

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman

Left Backs
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

Centre Backs
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield
Allan
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)

Thats what the squad would look like if we removed all the names you mentioned.

We would need :

GK
RB
1 Maybe 2 CMs
3 maybe 4 Attacking players/Strikers

I don't see Iwobi or Gomes leaving, so

GK
RB
CM
3 Attackers

Status
Not open for further replies.