Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all argue endlessly about who we'd like to see the club bid for, but let's look at the other side of the coin for a moment: the existing players we're like to see gone.

Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott are all out of contract on June 30th 2021. It is utterly inconceivable at this stage that any of them will get a fresh contract here.

Olsen's loan deal ends on June 30th 2021. I can't see him wanting to come back.

King's deal expires on June 30th 2021. I'd be surprised if he wanted to renew.

That's six players leaving, of which only two need replacing.

I think we'd all be happy to see Baningime, Bernard, Delph, Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Kenny and Tosun sold too. Of those eight, only Iwobi, Gomes and Kean have contracts beyond 2022 so five of them will go for pretty low fees. Nevertheless, the savings on wages will be huge.

If all fourteen went, how many new faces would we realistically NEED to bring in? It's scary to think how much dead weight we STILL have at the club!
New deal for penno, promising youngster and part of the family

Maddison overrated for me, yes Leicester wouid make money if they sold him, but he’s not in the same league as mount, Grealish abs foden, players he’s been mentioned With and apparently competing with for an England spot.

Tielemans is a good player, but he cost 40mil and still has a way To go to justify that price tag
This is coming from someone who can't stand Maddison so I'd be the first to point to other players but he's been really good when healthy and deserves to be in the conversation with those others.

Do you we still have connections to Everton in Chile? If so can we exile iwobi there? He can even play in his favorite position there, well maybe I don't know the state of Chilean league. But I wanna see a proper winger that can play on right I'd even be cool with the west Brom guy

We have only lost four league games this season in which Allan and Doucoure have both played at the same time. In every other loss (seven) at least one of them has been missing. We've only drawn two league games in which Allan and Doucoure have both played: every other draw (five) has taken place with at least one of them absent. Half of our wins have come when both of them have played.

In other words, our win / draw / lose ratio WITH both of them available is 8 / 2 / 4.... with at least one of them missing it's 8 / 5 / 7.

In the previous season our midfield was absolutely abysmal, and Allan and Doucoure became our two best midfielders the moment they arrived. The results suffer when one (or both) of them is absent. If the club has an ounce of sense they will go out and sign a marquee CM this summer. Phillips from Leeds to sit as the six would be ideal IF we could get him for £30m, but some of the other names that have been mentioned in previous pages would also be very good provided they can play as the more defensive of three midfielders in a 4-3-3, allowing Allan and Doucoure to play box-to-box.

We need to sign two CMs to give our midfield some strength in depth. Both need to be younger than Doucoure and Allan and one of them needs to be able to play as a six / DM at a standard far better than anyone else we have at the club. If we can strengthen the midfield in this way, we will kick on and achieve better things next season.
I’m not sure any of that counters what I said. They’re both better than our other options, so when they both play the level of quality we have is significantly higher than when they don’t. That doesn’t mean they complement each other. Same applies to DCL and richarlison, and to a lesser extent Keane and Mina.

Lads look for cheap gems and complain when they don’t work out
Lads look for PL proven and give out about the price
Buying low always has a risk buying high less so
We have bought high and still got burned. Iwobi, Tosun, Bolasie, Klaassen, Gbamin have all cost more than £20 million each (£100 million that did nothing to improve the squad). I think signings are a gamble either way so it’s worth risking a couple of cheap prospects in addition to key targets.

You get the feeling that this summer there will be a few bargains to be had the question is will we take advantage or as usual will Brands leave us scrambling around on Deadline Day for a Rojo / Iwobi?

Ings/Bellotti 12 months left on contract
Toney
Aarons / Celik
Soumare (looks off to Leicester)
Coutinho
Pereira (relegated)
Anguissa (relegated)
Bissouma

Bargains to be had but I doubt we'll get any of em with soft lad running the ship.

I’m not sure any of that counters what I said. They’re both better than our other options, so when they both play the level of quality we have is significantly higher than when they don’t. That doesn’t mean they complement each other. Same applies to DCL and richarlison, and to a lesser extent Keane and Mina.
Yeah, I see the point you're getting at.

Taking the other examples into account first, I'd agree with you that DCL and Richarlison have struggled to work alongside each other this season and Keane and Mina don't function well as a pair. With Allan and Doucoure however, I think the problem is not that they don't work well together but that neither of them is at their best as a DM. That's why I reckon signing a top-tier DM to play as the 6 in a three-man midfield is the key to progressing next season: it will allow our two current best midfielders to BOTH play in their best positions. I think it's to their immense credit that both Doucoure and Allan have had such an impact this year despite the fact that even when we're at full strength AND they're both available, one of them has to play out of position.

I'd argue Allan and Doucoure would compliment each other if we saw them with a player whose job it is to be a bit more disciplined.

Basically, Tom Davies has to be in our midfield in every game atm for me, because he helps get the best out of our other players by just being there.

Not to say that our midfield looks 'solid' with him in there, we just look less easy to play through.

Hopefully we see that, because I think a three of Doucoure-Allan-Davies gives us a way of playing James up front in a three again and to me that's where he's looked his best.

You get the feeling that this summer there will be a few bargains to be had the question is will we take advantage or as usual will Brands leave us scrambling around on Deadline Day for a Rojo / Iwobi?

Ings/Bellotti 12 months left on contract
Toney
Aarons / Celik
Soumare (looks off to Leicester)
Coutinho
Pereira (relegated)
Anguissa (relegated)
Bissouma

Bargains to be had but I doubt we'll get any of em with soft lad running the ship.

Bissouma, Aarons definitely won't be bargains mate, I can tell you that much for free. You're looking at £70m for the pair of them, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.