Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Spurs could bottle it for us but I see us needing to get over 62 points to safely finish above them in 7th. So that's requiring us to win at least two and drawing the other two or winning three. Meaning we've finished with 10 or 11 points from the last 15. I'd call that a good run.
For me Spurs will self destruct. They have form for that and it does not look a happy camp at the moment and hasn't for a while.

Amongst the negativity we’ve gone two wins, two draws, and a loss in the last 5 games. The two wins being against our direct rivals for Europe (the mythical 6 pointers that not many predicted we’d win). When you consider also the two draws were Palace and Spurs which we should have won both then we’re not playing that badly. We had a bad performance against Villa not helped by Holgate’s error.

This is against the backdrop of James and Docuoure not always being available.

We’re really not doing that badly. I’ve got a funny feeling we’ll beat Villa away as they’d re without Watkins and we’ll hopefully be at full strength, and then we have a great opportunity against Sheffield United at home. Europe is well within our grasp and considering how we finished last season, and that we’ve had so many players missing this season, I think most fans would have taken this position if offered at the start.

If you look at our away record you would make us favourites at Villa, favourites for Wolves with fans back in and I'd be astonished if we dont beat Sheffield United. If we can take 9 from them, we will be bang in it on the final day of the season. I know everyone just assumes the sides above us will just win every game, but if they havem't yet, they won't start now. Some of them will slip up.

Doucoure back makes a big difference too and hopefully James back.

Either way, the last 5 is 1.6 points per game. Across the next 4 that is 6.4 ppg, so 6-7 points. If we can get 7, do we think Spurs are getting 5 from their next 3, with Leicester away in there? I'm not banking on it. I think we will get at least top 7, and we have a real chance of breaking the top 6.

If you look at our away record you would make us favourites at Villa, favourites for Wolves with fans back in and I'd be astonished if we dont beat Sheffield United. If we can take 9 from them, we will be bang in it on the final day of the season. I know everyone just assumes the sides above us will just win every game, but if they havem't yet, they won't start now. Some of them will slip up.

Doucoure back makes a big difference too and hopefully James back.

Either way, the last 5 is 1.6 points per game. Across the next 4 that is 6.4 ppg, so 6-7 points. If we can get 7, do we think Spurs are getting 5 from their next 3, with Leicester away in there? I'm not banking on it. I think we will get at least top 7, and we have a real chance of breaking the top 6.
They beat Wolves and Villa then they've got 6 without even playing Leicester though. That's the worry for me. Put it to bed by winning ours of course.

And when Doucoure Allan and James have all played together they have made us a very very good side
Sure and it'll be interesting to see how it goes if it happens again (the last two times were Saints away and United home I think so maybe not a magic tonic?) but building around that won't work because they just aren't going to be healthy enough.

Yes all very true.

Lets just play devi/ls advocate a bit here though and sayAnguissa from Fulham, if we signed him for £20m is there not a chance we can do similar to what we did with Gana and double our money on him? Or Neto at Wolves/Bissouma at Brighton?

I suspect Godfrey will fall into that category too. Of all the signings from the summer, he may well be the "type" of signing we need to see more of?
This is exactly what i'm getting at though. If we could get Bissouma and Neto for £20m each then absolutely yes, I would be all over that. The point is, I don't think we could get them for anything even remotely approaching that. Ignoring the fact that both would probably have bigger and better options if they were available, I reckon you'd be looking at something approaching double that for either of them, and that's where it becomes a problem. Again, you can do it once for your number 1 target or whatever, but you can't be going out paying £30m+ for all your players. Nor can you be just picking up punts at under £2m a time who need 2 years to work their way into contention. Signing a few players who can do the job but aren't overly expensive is essential if we're going to make serious inroads I think, it's not about us turning a profit it's about us getting value and being able to spend big on gamechangers. It's also about actually being able to convince them to come. With the best will in the world, I think most players would have to think long and hard about leaving the likes of Villa, Leeds etc to come here at the moment.

And when Doucoure Allan and James have all played together they have made us a very very good side
Small sample size but i wasn't convinced that Allan and Doucoure worked particularly well together to be honest. Probably the best they'd looked was the 20 minutes or whatever it was at Leicester in the game Allan got injured. There's nothing wrong with either of them individually, but they seemed a little too similar and so didn't appear to complement each other that well.

Last summer we bought 2 players from relegated sides and wouldn't be surprised to see us do similar this season.
Berge , Anguissa and pereira a few of the names been mentioned.
If we are after a centre half joachim Anderson has looked like he is well capable for Fulham too .
Pereira seems to fit the criteria of a left footed right winger. Has shown he is able for the league as well.

From what I've seen they're very good young players with the potential to be great.
Tielemans will likely be our player of the season, most of our play will go through him and in some way he will be involved in most goals, some of the through balls he makes for assists are unreal

Maddison has great potential and on his day is really good, but he needs to sort out his injury issues and attitude outside of football before he can get to the next level

Amongst the negativity we’ve gone two wins, two draws, and a loss in the last 5 games. The two wins being against our direct rivals for Europe (the mythical 6 pointers that not many predicted we’d win). When you consider also the two draws were Palace and Spurs which we should have won both then we’re not playing that badly. We had a bad performance against Villa not helped by Holgate’s error.

This is against the backdrop of James and Docuoure not always being available.

We’re really not doing that badly. I’ve got a funny feeling we’ll beat Villa away as they’d re without Watkins and we’ll hopefully be at full strength, and then we have a great opportunity against Sheffield United at home. Europe is well within our grasp and considering how we finished last season, and that we’ve had so many players missing this season, I think most fans would have taken this position if offered at the start.

Pretty confident we'll beat Villa, Wolves and Shef U. It's just that City game that's a worry for me. Gotta hope they're just not bothered.

Tielemans will likely be our player of the season, most of our play will go through him and in some way he will be involved in most goals, some of the through balls he makes for assists are unreal

Maddison has great potential and on his day is really good, but he needs to sort out his injury issues and attitude outside of football before he can get to the next level
Tielemans is probably my favourite non Everton PL player (Foden and Mount up there). Would walk into any team in the world imo.

I'd honestly rather have him than any of Utd's, Liverpool's, Arsenal's or Spurs midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.