Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of the doom and gloom, 59 points got 7/8 place last season.

We did improve.
We improved, we also have a load of dross out of contract off the wage bill this summer and they can try and ship a few others out. The position inherited by Carlo was never going to be rectified in one season. He improved us with good signings, we need to trust him to do so again this summer.

We improved, we also have a load of dross out of contract off the wage bill this summer and they can try and ship a few others out. The position inherited by Carlo was never going to be rectified in one season. He improved us with good signings, we need to trust him to do so again this summer.
Besic, Bolasie and Walcott are now gone.

Bernard and Kean soon to follow, Kenny also.

It seems to me that we are likely to see a CB go, either Mina or Holgate.

Also, I think King will go.

I hope we will see at least one CM go but I’m not sure it will happen. Delph / Gomes really. Would also love to shift Iwobi.

Olsen could possibly go if we can get the lad from Utd on a free.

Major major squad revamp about to happen.

Besic, Bolasie and Walcott are now gone.

Bernard and Kean soon to follow, Kenny also.

It seems to me that we are likely to see a CB go, either Mina or Holgate.

Also, I think King will go.

I hope we will see at least one CM go but I’m not sure it will happen. Delph / Gomes really. Would also love to shift Iwobi.

Olsen could possibly go if we can get the lad from Utd on a free.

Major major squad revamp about to happen.

I think if King doesn’t go it will be the biggest surprise in the history of football.

The club has had (at minimum) from the close of the last summer window until now to assess positions which need to be filled.

They will have scouted the players relentlessly (or should have done so).

Im not saying to sign players who are going to be playing in the euros -- before the euros.

Im saying that we go into this window needing 5 or 6 players. We need to make sure that those top targets are sounded out and moved on (they should have been already).

If we have players in by the start of preseason then this puts Ancelotti in a position of strength.

If we dont have them by preseason then again its a case of going forward without any 1st choice right back...without a centre back...

The manager needs the maximum amount of time possible to implement his tactics. If he wants to play a higher line then whats the point of doing so in preseason without the players?

Likewise...not being able to sign a 1st choice player -- either they want to wait or their club is playing games -- means that as with Ancelotti, we move onto someone else.

It seems to be incompetent to not have at least one or two key deals lined up immediately after the season has finished.
Some purchases will be dependent on sales
Let’s say Carlo wants a CB
If he can’t sell Holgate or Mina there is no point in buying another CB

Well if Mina wants out and Holgate has been crap he could easily replace them with players who can pass the ball. Can see us signing 6 or 7 players this summer. Big chance to improve.
Holgate has given games away this season. The new John Stones of old. Way to confident and fans weren't available in the stands to let him know.

The club has had (at minimum) from the close of the last summer window until now to assess positions which need to be filled.

They will have scouted the players relentlessly (or should have done so).

Im not saying to sign players who are going to be playing in the euros -- before the euros.

Im saying that we go into this window needing 5 or 6 players. We need to make sure that those top targets are sounded out and moved on (they should have been already).

If we have players in by the start of preseason then this puts Ancelotti in a position of strength.

If we dont have them by preseason then again its a case of going forward without any 1st choice right back...without a centre back...

The manager needs the maximum amount of time possible to implement his tactics. If he wants to play a higher line then whats the point of doing so in preseason without the players?

Likewise...not being able to sign a 1st choice player -- either they want to wait or their club is playing games -- means that as with Ancelotti, we move onto someone else.

It seems to be incompetent to not have at least one or two key deals lined up immediately after the season has finished.

This is not how players' agents and directors of football do business, though. I agree that we need as many of the signings in for the preseason as possible. I don't think it's at all realistic to expect deals to get done much before mid-July. If we want to make a player an offer his agent cannot refuse, we can get the player in early June. The problem is that this results in paying an inflated wage.

The whole negotiation process is a bizarre "I'm not really that into you" mating ritual.

Some purchases will be dependent on sales
Let’s say Carlo wants a CB
If he can’t sell Holgate or Mina there is no point in buying another CB
I would expect that Holgate and Mina would both attract interest if they were made available, for abundantly obvious reasons. Mina's salary expectations might be a stumbling block for some clubs, but otherwise I can see why they would be targets for several prem outfits. Mina would also be on the radar of several big European clubs.

The one CB we have that would attract very little interest is Keane.

I would expect that Holgate and Mina would both attract interest if they were made available, for abundantly obvious reasons. Mina's salary expectations might be a stumbling block for some clubs, but otherwise I can see why they would be targets for several prem outfits. Mina would also be on the radar of several big European clubs.

The one CB we have that would attract very little interest is Keane.

Why would any team sign Holgate ahead of Keane?

Status
Not open for further replies.