Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

In case you didnt know

Window Opens June 9th closes August 31st

Euros starts on June 11th.

With the glaring holes in our team we need to be adding players ASAP and registering them on the 9th.

I get where you're coming from, but I think there's a selection effect that explains why this doesn't happen in practice.

Suppose you have a player with two or three years left on a deal that's at a major international and is likely to play. That player could sign a contract before the major international, but it's almost all downside for the player to do it. If they have a great tournament, they don't capture the value. If they sustain an injury, that's one step closer to a big-salary Bosman or a move to a bigger club at a cut-rate fee if they recover. The only risk is a career-ender or career-destroyer like Torres sustained (prior to the World Cup) - and even he got paid after the injury.

The guys that sign a contract before the tournament either are lesser players that won't play or have private information about known health risks. We can sign some lesser-rated players before the internationals, but we're going to have to wait on the bigger signings.

I know every summer for the past 5 years has been massive but I really feel like the club don't understand how big this is. I am not sure how many false dawns the club can serve up before people loose interest. When we were crap and had no money it was understandable but after spending 500m and going backwards is not.

I am not a ST holder and only go to about 6 or 7 games a year but I know alot of ST holders who feel like this could be their last season if the club get it wrong again. Looking at teams like Leicester and even Wet Spam this season really does highlight how awful our club is ran

Another failure of a season and this shiny new stadium the club are celebrating like a trophy will be empty

Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi, Allan, Delph etc. Not all meet all the criteria I gave, but all of them fall into some of the categories.

Kean was another who doesn't appear suited to English football but at least we should recoup our money.

la liga, seria a and premier league are no mark leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.