Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know every summer for the past 5 years has been massive but I really feel like the club don't understand how big this is. I am not sure how many false dawns the club can serve up before people loose interest. When we were crap and had no money it was understandable but after spending 500m and going backwards is not.

I am not a ST holder and only go to about 6 or 7 games a year but I know alot of ST holders who feel like this could be their last season if the club get it wrong again. Looking at teams like Leicester and even Wet Spam this season really does highlight how awful our club is ran

Another failure of a season and this shiny new stadium the club are celebrating like a trophy will be empty
I'm losing interest too and it's partly the sheer groundhog day of failure at the club. Also that most of the players don't care... If they don't care why should we?! Given this Super league and some form of it will happen eventually unless we sort ourselves out we are doomed to this and being totally left behind arguably we already have been we have become a total irrelevance I noticed yesterday we weren't mentioned once as we sunk to tenth.

Wouldn't be Everton without purchasing at least one player who is massively injury prone and must miss at least half the season plus any game where a must win is riding on it.

Coutinho and Ramsey would be ideal for that.
Sign both and get half a season out of each.

Serie A is an awful league yes, and it's very different due to it's boring slow pace. La liga is poorer than our league too.

The Ukranian league I have no idea re Bernard. I doubt it's any good anyway.

basically you should have left the no mark league out then or we should only be signing premier league players in your opinion.

Im not sure if youre serious or not?
Yes I’m serious that we don’t need to sign players in the first two days of the window, those two days won’t make or break anything and not signing players pre international football is probably smart as they could get injured. Worth opening conversations obviously but why rush when they could break their leg or something.
The only reason I’d say signing someone ahead of the internationals is a good idea is in case they have a great tournament and up their value/attract suitors from a champions league team.

Why are you desperate to sign players in the first 48 hours of the window?

Would you rather sign the right player in August or the wrong player in June
Dont see it that way myself tbh.

If you get your target/s signed up early in the window it suggests to me you are getting your 1st choice players in.

Obvs for various reasons some may not be available til later , but the later it goes its the players lower down on your list you are likely to end up with.

Get them in early.

Would you rather sign the right player in August or the wrong player in June

I get where you're coming from, but I think there's a selection effect that explains why this doesn't happen in practice.

Suppose you have a player with two or three years left on a deal that's at a major international and is likely to play. That player could sign a contract before the major international, but it's almost all downside for the player to do it. If they have a great tournament, they don't capture the value. If they sustain an injury, that's one step closer to a big-salary Bosman or a move to a bigger club at a cut-rate fee if they recover. The only risk is a career-ender or career-destroyer like Torres sustained (prior to the World Cup) - and even he got paid after the injury.

The guys that sign a contract before the tournament either are lesser players that won't play or have private information about known health risks. We can sign some lesser-rated players before the internationals, but we're going to have to wait on the bigger signings.

Yes I’m serious that we don’t need to sign players in the first two days of the window, those two days won’t make or break anything and not signing players pre international football is probably smart as they could get injured. Worth opening conversations obviously but why rush when they could break their leg or something.
The only reason I’d say signing someone ahead of the internationals is a good idea is in case they have a great tournament and up their value/attract suitors from a champions league team.

Why are you desperate to sign players in the first 48 hours of the window?

The club has had (at minimum) from the close of the last summer window until now to assess positions which need to be filled.

They will have scouted the players relentlessly (or should have done so).

Im not saying to sign players who are going to be playing in the euros -- before the euros.

Im saying that we go into this window needing 5 or 6 players. We need to make sure that those top targets are sounded out and moved on (they should have been already).

If we have players in by the start of preseason then this puts Ancelotti in a position of strength.

If we dont have them by preseason then again its a case of going forward without any 1st choice right back...without a centre back...

The manager needs the maximum amount of time possible to implement his tactics. If he wants to play a higher line then whats the point of doing so in preseason without the players?

Likewise...not being able to sign a 1st choice player -- either they want to wait or their club is playing games -- means that as with Ancelotti, we move onto someone else.

It seems to be incompetent to not have at least one or two key deals lined up immediately after the season has finished.

If we’re aiming to go after younger players say from the championship or ligue 1 that are not going to euros or copa America, don’t see why they can’t be lined up to go straight away..... only downside may be to do with accounting periods as books go up until end of June? If we’re sticking two fingers up to FFP then that shouldn’t be an issue either

"We have an idea, a clear plan on how we can improve the squad. In the summer we will follow this plan. We have to put, in general, more quality in the squad to try to play more attractive football, to have more quality from the back. This is where we are working."

Ancelotti's words after the match yesterday. Doesn't go into specifics regarding certain profiles etc. but does indicate that attack-minded players will be the priority in the window.

"We have an idea, a clear plan on how we can improve the squad. In the summer we will follow this plan. We have to put, in general, more quality in the squad to try to play more attractive football, to have more quality from the back. This is where we are working."

Ancelotti's words after the match yesterday. Doesn't go into specifics regarding certain profiles etc. but does indicate that attack-minded players will be the priority in the window.

"More quality from the back"

Sounds like a few positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.