Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

The big positive going into this summer is that a lot of the dross is out of contract, and most of the players who we want to improve on are actually decent players who carry value (Gomes etc).

I think the worst part of the last 10 games of the season is how Richarlison and DCL haven’t been combining at all.

Two players who individually have quality and are worth £50m+, but together have been useless.

It’s a problem I wasn’t expecting us to have.

Because he’s not as good.. (And Keane isn’t great..)
But he has time to improve, whereas Keane will only decline as a player. So teams will take the risk on Holgate because he will command a lower wage and MIGHT improve, whereas Keane is on a higher wage and WON'T improve.

It's the same reason why, in an ideal world, we'd keep Holgate (as a backup CB), sell Keane and bring in a bona fide starting XI CB.

For me I'd much rather have Keane than Holgate. In the real world neither of them is going to attract a mass of bidders though. Not sure Holgates in the top 50 centre halves in the league and when you're that low down no one is paying serious money for you. He's also not even that young he's just a below average player. Whilst Keane has a shiny new contract so not sure who would buy him

But he has time to improve, whereas Keane will only decline as a player. So teams will take the risk on Holgate because he will command a lower wage and MIGHT improve, whereas Keane is on a higher wage and WON'T improve.

It's the same reason why, in an ideal world, we'd keep Holgate (as a backup CB), sell Keane and bring in a bona fide starting XI CB.

This argument falls down immediately as Keane is a much better player than Holgate and Keane had a much better season than Holgate.

Holgate was one of the biggest disappointments of the season. He made countless big errors and failed to find any kind of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.