Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the circumstances are forced, at least it's a start to dealing with the financial issues we have.

The bigger issue is the same individuals free to do the same thing again.

Brands shoulders a significant portion of blame, if there isn't accountability of him in that role, then we will just go round in circles. All of the previous aggrandisement of him in the media has disappeared.

He was brought in to oversee an overhaul in the football and football business operation, and has singularly and categorically failed. The dogs in the street know it.

If Brands had demonstrated an ability even on the odd occasion to have an ability to deliver upon the buy low / sell high / reinvest model that everyone knows we need, I'm sure that any inclination on the part of Moshiri or anyone else to interfere in football matters would be very much reduced in tandem.

Not brought in a Gylfi replacement whilst also pimping out James, just get rid of all the creativity and goals from midfield why not, I know gylfi is much maligned but we have just effectively lost him on a free.
With the team we have, anything above 14th/15th would be an achievement. And the sad thing is, I think the board will see it that way also.

I am also reading/hearing a lot of stuff from Evertonians about how good our squad actually is and that it is Ancelotti who caused it to underperform last year - which is laughable. Our squad is absolutely bereft of talent, we are determined to force out a portion of what little talent we do have, and, as well as being stocked with awful players, it is incredibly imbalanced. Loads of gaping holes and key skillsets missing.

Our plan to get the ball forward and swing crosses into DCL may work against some teams, bit in general will be fairly easy to defend against. You then have to factor in that we scored a lot of goals from corners provided by Sigurdsson and James last year - neither of whom are likely to play - so will go back to relatively poor delivery from these areas again. Benitez loves his zonal marking, but with our lack of leaders and dominant players, that will likely lead to a much higher number of goals conceded from set pieces. We also lack the pace and ball carrying skills to get forward effectively from midfield quickly, plus still lack a huge amount of pace on the counter and with no James will be bereft of the ability to thread passes from midfield.

Normally, I'd just say to wait until the end of the window, but the standard of targets we have been linked with, should we actually come into any money, they are not likely to improve us. McNeil is nowhere near as good as many people like to make out on here. He is, at best, Okay with a decent amount of potential, but lacks pace, has not actually provided many assists whilst playing the Benitez way at Burnley and will occupy spaces that Digne likes to overlap into, thus nullifying one of our few strengths. Even the Geordies think Longstaff is God-awful.

The standard of players we have been linked with since Benitez has come in has absolutely nose-dived and that is on him and his poor record in the transfer market. And for full disclosure, I think that Brands has done an awful job so far here too, so am not defending him.

I know people will just need to get behind the team, and that's fine if that's people's way of coping but they are certainly making things out to be a lot better than they are. I'm amazed by it tbh. Things are poor, but we won't go down and that's all we are focusing on at the moment I think.

Just watching Man Utd run riot here. Attacking wise they have Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, James and Mata.

Look at our lot. We are a million miles away from the top 4 and the gap is getting bigger.

luckily that's because FFP is so fair ! :Blink: this " scheme " must have been drawn up by the big six themselves, hope they choke in the trough.

Even if the circumstances are forced, at least it's a start to dealing with the financial issues we have.

The bigger issue is the same individuals free to do the same thing again.

Brands shoulders a significant portion of blame, if there isn't accountability of him in that role, then we will just go round in circles. All of the previous aggrandisement of him in the media has disappeared.

He was brought in to oversee an overhaul in the football and football business operation, and has singularly and categorically failed. The dogs in the street know it.

If Brands had demonstrated an ability even on the odd occasion to have an ability to deliver upon the buy low / sell high / reinvest model that everyone knows we need, I'm sure that any inclination on the part of Moshiri or anyone else to interfere in football matters would be very much reduced in tandem.

Good post. What I find concerning also, is a growing narrative that once the stadium is done, we will eventually challenge. It’s nice thinking, my problem is will the same people here now be trusted to spend more ? I don’t trust any of them considering what’s happened. A new stadium is great don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t solve the core issue, the people at high level making decisions.

With the team we have, anything above 14th/15th would be an achievement. And the sad thing is, I think the board will see it that way also.

I am also reading/hearing a lot of stuff from Evertonians about how good our squad actually is and that it is Ancelotti who caused it to underperform last year - which is laughable. Our squad is absolutely bereft of talent, we are determined to force out a portion of what little talent we do have, and, as well as being stocked with awful players, it is incredibly imbalanced. Loads of gaping holes and key skillsets missing.

Our plan to get the ball forward and swing crosses into DCL may work against some teams, bit in general will be fairly easy to defend against. You then have to factor in that we scored a lot of goals from corners provided by Sigurdsson and James last year - neither of whom are likely to play - so will go back to relatively poor delivery from these areas again. Benitez loves his zonal marking, but with our lack of leaders and dominant players, that will likely lead to a much higher number of goals conceded from set pieces. We also lack the pace and ball carrying skills to get forward effectively from midfield quickly, plus still lack a huge amount of pace on the counter and with no James will be bereft of the ability to thread passes from midfield.

Normally, I'd just say to wait until the end of the window, but the standard of targets we have been linked with, should we actually come into any money, they are not likely to improve us. McNeil is nowhere near as good as many people like to make out on here. He is, at best, Okay with a decent amount of potential, but lacks pace, has not actually provided many assists whilst playing the Benitez way at Burnley and will occupy spaces that Digne likes to overlap into, thus nullifying one of our few strengths. Even the Geordies think Longstaff is God-awful.

The standard of players we have been linked with since Benitez has come in has absolutely nose-dived and that is on him and his poor record in the transfer market. And for full disclosure, I think that Brands has done an awful job so far here too, so am not defending him.

I know people will just need to get behind the team, and that's fine if that's people's way of coping but they are certainly making things out to be a lot better than they are. I'm amazed by it tbh. Things are poor, but we won't go down and that's all we are focusing on at the moment I think.

We'd have a good first eleven if we had signed a right back.

Just watching Man Utd run riot here. Attacking wise they have Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, James and Mata.

Look at our lot. We are a million miles away from the top 4 and the gap is getting bigger.
I'm wondering if any of our midfielders will get more assists this entire season than Pogba just managed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.