Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia close to Sporting Lisbon move.

Loan with option to buy:

They have just sold a keeper.

Virginia close to Sporting Lisbon move.

Loan with option to buy:

hope he does better than his last loan then.

What concerns me is that some of our better players reportedly want out and our dross are unsurprisingly happy to sit tight and take a wage.
If this is accurate performances are not going to hit peak in that environment.
Not really sure what the answer is other than to get better at recruitment!!

No I mean vía reliable sources such as Romano and the Athletic.
Not sure how reliable they’re. Fab has linked us with winks for a month and the Utd midfielder yesterday. Stories coming out of Holland, is that we didn’t even put a bid in for Dumfries. And our interest wasn’t that serious, which is what someone from the echo said 6 weeks ago.

Did Joyce, Hunter or king report our interest in Dumfries? Or winks?

A short snippet:

Under the rules, clubs are assessed based on their annual accounts in March of each year. Each of the Premier League’s 20 sides is allowed to lose a maximum of £105 million over a three-year period.

In normal times, Everton would already be in deep trouble. Their last three accounts showed losses of £13.1 million, £111.8 million and £139 million — way above the maximum figure permitted.
Below that is the most relevant " add backs ".... money spent on the womans football plus stadium costs etc.
Says it puts the club in a better position as we have invested heavily in these area's and could be offset agst losses.
I'm sure I read elsewhere losses due to Covid will be factored in.

But ultimately ( like every other club bar the "elite" clubs ) will needs to generate money from sales.
Just hope its the right players that go.

Surely Usmanov could fix our accounts with a big sponsorship deal or something? I don’t think he’s as invested (personally and financially) as some hope.

Not brought in a Gylfi replacement whilst also pimping out James, just get rid of all the creativity and goals from midfield why not, I know gylfi is much maligned but we have just effectively lost him on a free.

I'd expect a lot more minutes for some of the younger lads this season out of necessity. The likes of Gordon and Nkounkou should feature more heavily, which might not be such a bad thing in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.