Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen the bloke play before but xaver schlager of Austria impressed me and looked like he knew how to run a midfield. Just wonder if anybody had seen much of him before this tournament and whether thats how he plays normally or is he a tournament flash in the pan?
That yarmelenko lad looks decent as well lol

Don't like this direction tbh. Too many flops from Holland to bet on it.
All them look to be solid players, but there is the Eredivisie question….Would rather shop in France than Holland. Someone like Faivre would be worth a look.

The Athletic reported how different James was treated in comparison to the rest of the squad by Ancellotti - essentially "babied" and given a lot of leash.

I have a hard time believing that didn't create a lot of resentment.

Happy to see James go.

A wiping of the arse and a Farley’s rusk at half time

The Benitez appointment tells me that we're not going to spend much this summer. He's here to make sure we don't get relegated as we continue to cull the squad.

Or at least I hope that's what is happening, because no sane human being can actually believe that Rafael is going to win anything in 2021.
You could give the FSW Haarland and Lukaku and he would play both as CBs and he would play KDB as a RB
Probably play Messi as a DM to partner Ronaldo

All them look to be solid players, but there is the Eredivisie question….Would rather shop in France than Holland. Someone like Faivre would be worth a look.
Yeah the Eredivisie has been a minefield. Klaasen, Van De Beek and Kezman at Chelsea to name a few.

He ruined his reputation when he retired to China
He is here for 2 reasons
Money ( knows he will be sacked within a year )
Near to his family home
I am not sure about that Brian.
I would guess that he has more money than he could spend in ten lifetimes, topped off by whatever exorbitant wage tempted him to China.
There are plenty of jobs he could get if it was about the money and they could be safely far away from his home on the Wirral.

I think this is a project where he wants to succeed and rebuild his name.

What I don't know is if he will be able to do so.

With Benitez about to be announced I think we'll be after a defensive midfielder.

Hopefully its Kamara (Marseille) or we go for Guimaraes (Lyon)...aside from those two a big push for Bellingham (Dortmund) who would be a starter.
Bellingham would be well over 50 m and we ain’t spending that on one player

@Zatara
It’s Twitter , unless it’s Keith it’s not worth reading

I reckon its been on the cards a while...

€10mil seems a low fee even though we got him for free / £8.6mil.

He must have been on circa £150k a week which when added to Bolasie, King, Olsen, Walcott, Besic must...

Must be about £450k a week gone or £23.4mil a year :eek:

Disappointing but not surprising .
It will free up a little transfer money and again be a big burden off the wage bill.

Be more the fee that suits us FFP. If its true he essentially signed on a free deal then even £10-12 million will be a decent profit on the books.

If we can add hopefully Kean and Benard to the outs then we should have some wiggle room until big Uzzy slams the juicy USM Naming Rights deal on the table for BMD.

I am not sure about that Brian.
I would guess that he has more money than he could spend in ten lifetimes, topped off by whatever exorbitant wage tempted him to China.
There are plenty of jobs he could get if it was about the money and they could be safely far away from his home on the Wirral.

I think this is a project where he wants to succeed and rebuild his name.

What I don't know is if he will be able to do so.
We really didn't learn anything from Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.