Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest lads, I think we should be welcoming him back with open arms. He clearly loves the club, even though he left us for big money that doesn't mean that he wanted to just screw us over for the sake of it, after all he won trophies and played for some of the best managers like Tuchel and some of the best players in the world. You can tell that he always kept an affinity for us after he left too, you'd always see comments on social media and things like that. He also comes in and starts for us right away, we need him. I say bring a blue home and I'd question anyone who disagrees with what I've just said.

Anyway that's enough about Gana, on another note that crap rat Barkley can go down to The Championship where he belongs.
HI Rafael X

Gana - Kudus - Onana

A lot of people say what about iwobi. For me he’s a substitute yes he did improve but he still can’t shoot and get goals. This is something Kudus can do. Iwobi a sub for me.
How many times have you watched kudus play? Have to admit I’d never heard of him.

….so, in the end Chelsea were stung as much as us.

Poor footballer, poor attitude, lucky young man to play in this era.
They got the worst end of that deal, really. That is a ton of wages to fritter away on no return, and his sale at least defrayed some of the costs on one of our wastrels.

No helping hand, no redemption arc. Leave that way and all goodwill is gone, so it had better work. If it doesn't, no sympathy. Never again.

….so, ironic that in the end Chelsea were stung as much as us.

Poor footballer, poor attitude, poor professional he’s a lucky young man to play in this era. Don’t touch with a barge pole.

He could have been a great player though mate, he had is all, sadly he's left it behind him.

Goes to show you need far more then just talent.

He could have been a great player though mate, he had is all, sadly he's left it behind him.

Goes to show you need far more then just talent.

…I was never convinced, I was never a fan. He certainly didn’t have attitude, he was very overrated.

Rarely picked the right pass when in a good situation, run past him & he’s totally out of the game. I saw a young Albanian keep running past him in a youth international game & that stood in my mind. Moyes and Warnock said he can’t play with any responsibility, Martinez didn’t give him any.

He certainly didn’t have it all.

Also Gana is very much a stop gap solution, he'll be very good for a year or two but we're much better off bringing in someone like Garner now so that he's ready to fully replace Gana in a year or two when settled into the club, instead of panicking in a window and trying to bring in a replacement then. Also Allan and Doucoure are guaranteed to be gone next year, maybe even Tom Davies too. Garner is an absolute must at the minute, along with Gana.
Absolutely agree, but I will say it's not something we typically do...as evidenced by the Richy sale. You could argue we tried by chasing Diaz last season, but we never seem to actually execute the forward thinking replacement.

Let's hope we've learned our lessons. We've needed a single defensive midfielder for a few years, so we definitely should bring in two at once if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.