Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
1661786611375.png

…not sure he had it all, I was never convinced, I was never a fan. He certainly didn’t have attitude, he was very overrated.

I could always see the talent but never the focus, application or intelligence. You know as i think back Moyes never fully invested in him and we all thought he was over cautious - but maybe he saw what he lacked, i thought Martinez did him no favours, he gave him a role with no responsibility and he developed bad habits and no leadership or accountability - while he called him world class every other week. Koeman, i think saw it and tried to put manners on him and Ross wasn't having any of it and engaged in the dark arts to do the Chelsea deal behind the scenes, unforgivable and no coming back - especially as the club supported him during his leg break.

For me he was incredibly talented, i often talk about high ceiling - the absolute total standard a player can reach if they fulfil their potential - he had so much headroom in my opinion, but never had the focus, commitment and frankly intelligence i think to ever fulfil it. Very said, but he never earned our sympathy on the other had - we all called it the day he signed for Chelsea, was the end of his career really.

Very cautionary and timely tale for Gordon aka Flash.

Mudryk was impressive coming off the bench in the games I saw vs. Scotland and Wales, less so against ROI.

I'd be wary of signing him though, the step up is huge and a club in our position can't really afford a punt at that fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.