Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing to do with the installments and up front payments we've made

In simple terms, the guaranteed price we are paying (let's say £15m for McNeil) is spread over the length of his contract and for PL profit and sustainability rules, it costs us £3m per year over the length of a 5 year contract (for example) plus whatever his wages are.

There's no benefit in the rules to us paying on the drip, it just helps in real terms from a cashflow perspective
It must also mean that we are still paying for signings from previous years though. This years budget is being impacted by a percentage of the purchase price for Allan, Doucoure, Mykalenko etc.

It must also mean that we are still paying for signings from previous years though. This years budget is being impacted by a percentage of the purchase price for Allan, Doucoure, Mykalenko etc.

Yep, we carry the amortisation costs on the books of previous signings and, I expect, we are paying installments for previous signings we've made as well which will impact the cashflow

Well yes, I do kinda now think, once the 2 lads come in, that we do now have a squad able to play 433.

Which baffles me, cos im still convinced we will play a back 3.

I have laboured this point on here many times, I`m not a fan of the 5-2-3, it is very limited and only a handful have ever got it to work. Brighton started to go away from it last season and Wolves are going away from it this season. The only teams using it week in week out is Chelsea and Spurs who have very expensive players to make it work.

A far as I`m aware Conte is the only coach to win the PL playing with a back 3/5, 4-3-3 is the way forward IMO..... anyway Frank will go the route he thinks is best, we just got to try and get behind him and have faith in him and his very good back room staff.
I suspect there’ll be an element of mixing and matching depending on the opposition? I think the signings of Gueye and Onana in particular (???) give Lampard more flexibility to change things around game to game, and even during games!

Closer to the end of the window teams start lowering the bar mate in filling needs - also the players themselves once the season starts can start being more amenable to moves once they realise they're not playing at all.

I listened to a rival teams podcast the other day, who made a valid point by saying that the issue with football, is theres a multitude of games that allow you to control a football club, negotiate for players etc. It gives an unrealistic expectation of how these negotiations happen.

At the risk of sounding like Gordon Gecko, I negotiate as part of my job now, and honestly a lot is about how much pressure you can exert, and who ends up breaking first.

As a buyer, you know what a deadline sellers start to collapse, and this is not a linear process either, this process happens very quickly.

You cant really replicate that psychology from those games.

As for us, as a seller, people will come in and negotiate some very poor deals. If we recoup 50% of wages for Gbamin, Allan, Gomes as a collective we will be doing well. It might be unduly pessimistic but even 50% on Gbamin/Gomes will likely be close to 100k pw. If we can get 200k pw off the wage bill for those 3, that may well pay for Coady, Gueye and Onana wages wise.

Nice one Bob

Guirassy is 6'2" not 6'7"

Gana & Onana have gone from being done ,to in final stages should be done this week :rolleyes:

Think some journo's have jumped the gun a fair bit.
Cheers mate!

Tbf I lazily copy and paste the majority but maybe he’s a grower???

Yeah there’s a bit of variation on how far along some deals are but things seem to be moving in the right direction which is great.

The constant conversations about the structure of deals, upfront payments etc. is getting very boring and repetitive mainly as its all based on guesses and speculation fuelled by media and twitter 'ITKs'.

Hence why for every player we sign theres multiple stories of how much they cost and deal arrangements. The same goes for how much each player is paid.

Not one person outside of those involved in deals know the details. We don't need to and it has no relevance to how we watch the 38+ games of football for the season.

It's nothing to do with the installments and up front payments we've made

In simple terms, the guaranteed price we are paying (let's say £15m for McNeil) is spread over the length of his contract and for PL profit and sustainability rules, it costs us £3m per year over the length of a 5 year contract (for example) plus whatever his wages are.

There's no benefit in the rules to us paying on the drip, it just helps in real terms from a cashflow perspective

Wrong completely.

You are talking about FPP which is a Eufa rule

P&S works entirely on whst you are paying the selling club that year.

So you buy two players for 30m and 20m

Player A 15m up front 10m second year a 5m in bonuses. Year one you are charged on P&S 15m year two 10m and whenever the bonus is triggered you psy it in that seasons costs.

Player B 0m up front year two 0m year three 20m you pay nothing on p,&s years one and two and 20m year three -

Btw the second example is the deal saints got on Livoremento

Wrong completely.

You are talking about FPP which is a Eufa rule

P&S works entirely on whst you are paying the selling club that year.

So you buy two players for 30m and 20m

Player A 15m up front 10m second year a 5m in bonuses. Year one you are charged on P&S 15m year two 10m and whenever the bonus is triggered you psy it in that seasons costs.

Player B 0m up front year two 0m year three 20m you pay nothing on p,&s years one and two and 20m year three -

Btw the second example is the deal saints got on Livoremento

Not sure that quite right mate.

I feel if we confirm Onana, and manage to get a half decent striker through the door I’d give this transfer window a solid 7-7.5/10. Overall we’ll be undeniably stronger than last season

Status
Not open for further replies.